Santa Clara Great America: RCT3

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
Angry_Gumball
Gulf Coaster

Post by Angry_Gumball »

Not to knock anyone down for the park, but there are some goof-ups as seen in the screenshots. Vortex doesn't have that other helix other than the one that wraps around the "loop-de-loop." Also, I believe Top Gun had a goof: A vertical loop instead of the trademark corkscrew over the water. Otherwise, the plazas and stuff look great! Just work in the coasters themselves.
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

Nice job, thanks for sharing. I've played RCT3 quite a bit, but never took the time to build anything from the start. Congrats!
the Crypt Cruiser
Gulf Coaster

Coaster accuracy

Post by the Crypt Cruiser »

Thanks Gumball, for catching those errors :wink: . Unfortunately, I live in Southern California. I don't get a chance to go to GA that often :( . So, some of the inaccuracies occur from poor memory and little images on maps. Also, I really go for park accuracy more than rides. Due to the inconsistancy of the scaling of the game not to mention having to work in squares vs. curves makes having both impossible. I simply put in the landmark features of the ride in and the rest has to fit in the tiny space left, and to somehow make the ride functional and get it back to the station. You should see what I had to do to the Demon to get it to work :oops:.
Thank you for finding those flaws. You definately know your coasters and I appreciate the fact that you actually looked at the screenshots closely enough to find those flaws. If you have pictures of track layouts for Top Gun and Vortex, please send them to me. I would gladly take another shot at fitting them in correctly.

CC
P.S. thanks for the nice comments from everyone!! :D
the Crypt Cruiser
Gulf Coaster

New PGA Trailer

I posted a trailer for the RCT3 PGA Movie coming out next month. A Nick character makes a cameo. I believe I fixed all of Gumball's beefs :) .

CC
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vc1uFkbfhTM
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Great Job, from the looks of the trailer you got pretty much all the details. Nice Work! :D
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
Robman97
Gulf Coaster

Post by Robman97 »

Great Job it looks a lot better with the custom senery and are you going to put this up for download?
the Crypt Cruiser
Gulf Coaster

Great Job it looks a lot better with the custom senery and are you going to put this up for download?

Yes! Though, you will need all the custom scenery packs to use it. I will list them when it comes time.
Robman97
Gulf Coaster

Post by Robman97 »

the Crypt Cruiser wrote:

Yes! Though, you will need all the custom scenery packs to use it. I will list them when it comes time.
Great I cant wait to see if by the looks I think I have a lot of that custom senery.
Mike & Morgan
Gulf Coaster

Re: PGA in RCT3

Post by Mike & Morgan »

the Crypt Cruiser wrote:I did one a year and a half ago. It's all Paramount though. You can download it from my website and retro-fit it. I'm sure it will run really good after you remove all the Nickleodeon stuff. I'm actually in the process of fixing up that park with better scenery and the new "Wild" plain stalls to shoot a new movie. :wink:

Heres the url to take you directly to the page.
http://www.whiteknuckles.cryptcruiser.com/rct3.htm

Crypt Cruiser

Dam Nice Job!!! :D
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

I have a suggestion. How about you put in a Top Spin and call it Firefall? Now that the new ride is open to the public, it'd be nice to see it in your recreation.
I miss Tidal Wave
the Crypt Cruiser
Gulf Coaster

Firefall

I have a suggestion. How about you put in a Top Spin and call it Firefall? Now that the new ride is open to the public, it'd be nice to see it in your recreation
I'm setting the movie at 2005 so Firefall won't be included in this one. I'ts going to be all Paramount, except for the surprise ending. Hopefully, I can get up there this summer to take some photos. I would love to include all the changes in another movie.

A note to all waiting to see the movie. I have been re-vamping the Orleans Place and Hometown Square area. It has been slow tideous work
but, I'm sure you will all be excited about the results. I'm actually blown away by how well it's going, especially the Showtime Theater.
If anyone has some clear photos of the Last three buildings on the right side before you get to Top Gun or Flight Deck opposite Delta Flyer in OP and a photo of the gazebo area in Hometown Square. I would appreciate it. In addition if anyone has a photo or two of the All American Corners area I'd greatly appreciate it.
the Crypt Cruiser
Gulf Coaster

PGA Status

Thank you all for being patient. The remodel is finished. The Movie should be out the first half of July. I discovered on MSN you can get a birds eye view of the park. with 4 different directions, pretty sweet! So I had to go back and change some things. Thats why it's been taking so long. I wish they had that, like 2 1/2 years ago when I first built the park. I wouldn't be so cramped, like it is now. Here's some more screenshots. I'm holding back the good stuff.
here is a link to the birds eye viewhttp://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&F ... &encType=1
TripplePlay93
Yankee Clipper

Post by TripplePlay93 »

Why is demon a looping coaster and not a corkscrew coaster?
Great America, My dream come true

Save Great America Raceway.
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

^Yes, Demon is a corkscrew coaster. I'd suggest changing it, but if you'd like to keep it that way, it's fine. :)
I miss Tidal Wave
TripplePlay93
Yankee Clipper

Post by TripplePlay93 »

Great Job!!
I am in th process of trying to make the Gurnee park in its opening year. I don't think it would be as good as yours (since I can't seem to find out how to put custom scenery in the platinum version.
Great America, My dream come true

Save Great America Raceway.