New SF locker policy

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
the Crypt Cruiser
Gulf Coaster

New SF locker policy

Post by the Crypt Cruiser »

This may be considered complaining, but, it effects everyone. So, I think it should at least be discussed. Is anyone else upset about SF's new locker policy? My wife and I almost turned in our passes. :evil: I'll let it go at that.
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

Might need to explain further for those of us who don't know what the policy is...?
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
the Crypt Cruiser
Gulf Coaster

Post by the Crypt Cruiser »

On some rides, not all, they won't let you take personal items into the ride station. These are the same rides that a few months ago, you could bring personal items and put them on the shelves on the side of the station. All of a sudden it's a safety issue. Even though it'd been ok for years, without incident. When you corner a ride operator, they won't give you a real reason, they will keep switching stories. The bottom line is, they want people to purchase a locker for a few minutes at a time. A constant turnover. 100% profit generation. I don't want to go into it, or I will have to go through my whole experience and that will definately be complaining. :(
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

I thought I heard that they're free unless you leave stuff in there longer than a few hours? :o
Stealthguy05
Gulf Coaster

Post by Stealthguy05 »

Ditto for CGA, On Firefall and other flats they WILL NOT let you bring them even into the que line, to the point there is a employe at the line enterance!!! ugh...
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

^Actually, most of the flats have areas to place loose articles, like Orbit and Berserker. Firefall, they usually have a person at the front of the line. I see most of the people putting their bags at the front, leaving them there until they're done.
Last edited by PGA ROCKS on Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I miss Tidal Wave
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

Every single ride at CGA, except FireFall, lets you put all loose articles in the ride area; either on the station platform for a coaster and some flats, or around the perimeter of the rides on most of the flats.
Angry_Gumball
Gulf Coaster

Post by Angry_Gumball »

Yes, that policy totally sucks. The way I see it, and what I would do, would be to bring only what you can safely fit in your pockets. The only thing I had to leave out riding Firefall was my souvenir cup. Camera and phone stayed in my pockets.

I totally disagree forcing people to have to either split their group apart to hold items while others wait in that 2-hour line, or forcing people to have to pay...they didn't ask to use a locker. Glad CGA still has their shelves and don't flip out about leaving your stuff around the perimeter of the flatrides.