Park Music: New Location!

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Park Music: New Location!

Post by RLAiello »

Hi everyone -

After FAR too long after they were taken down, here are the park songs again for download.

http://rcktman.com/marriotts-great-america-soundtrack/

A few of the clips are missing because I had a number of situations where I had to restore all of my music files over the last few years, and in the process ended up missing a few. If I find the source CD again, I'll try and recover those songs. However, the ones you want the most are all still here. Here's the listing. When you click the link, make sure you RIGHT CLICK and save the files:

Carousel Plaza
Carousel Plaza 2
County Fair 1
County Fair 2
Front Gate Original
Front Gate New
Southwest Territory
Hometown Square 1
Hometown Square 2
Hometown Square “Let Me Call You Sweetheart”
Orleans Place 1
Orleans Place 2
Yukon Territory
The Demon Soundtrack
The Demon Soundtrack REMASTERED (fixed audio glitches and poor stereo mix on the original track)
The Carousel Song
Closing Announcement
Looney Tunes Theme

Enjoy!
Rick
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
sfgam
Gulf Coaster

Re: Park Music: New Location!

Post by sfgam »

Thank you so much! :)
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Thank you, Rick!

Steven
dlmtechnology
Buzzy Bee

Post by dlmtechnology »

Just wanted to say be like Abba and say "Thank You For The Music"

But I figured this would also be the best place to ask the question if anyone knew the name of the songs that were played within the park, specifically Hometown Square, while I know there is The Entertainer and Let Me Call You Sweetheart, does anyone know any other names.

I've been able to recognize some song names including

Maple Leaf Rag (not sure if its HTS or County Fair)
Baby Elephant Walk (Front Gate)
The Stars and Stripes Forever (Front Gate)
Seventy-Six Trombones (Front Gate)
Washington Post (Front Gate)
The Entertainer (HTS)
Pennsylvania 6-5000 (Front Gate)
Charleston (County Fair)
Let me Call You Sweetheart (HTS)
Scooby Doo (Camp Cartoon)
The Flinstones (Camp Cartoon)
Atom Ant (Camp Cartoon)
Yogi Bear (Camp Cartoon)
Magilla Gorilla (Camp Cartoon)
The Banana Splits Adventure Hour (Camp Cartoon)
Superman Theme (Superman Queue)
Batman Theme (Batman Station)
Partyman (Batman Station)
Batdance (Batman Station)
*** Not sure if it is a custom soundtrack or one they licensed but there is birds chirping, kids laughing in the Batman Queue in the "city park" as well as after the ride

This is Halloween [The Nightmare Before Christmas] (Camp Cartoon for Fright Fest)
Southwest Scare-itory (SWT Fright Fest)
Halloween Theme (Fright Fest)
Halloween 1978 (Fright Fest)
The Demon Soundtrack (Demon Queue)
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Thanks, dlmtechnology!

Best regards,
Steven
ttd rox
Yankee Clipper

Post by ttd rox »

I absolutely love listening to these songs. I'm not a big classic guy but these bring a ton of memories back. My favorite would have to be The Entertainer.
Whatta day! Whatta place!

Top 3 Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)
GreatAmericaFan
Gulf Coaster

Post by GreatAmericaFan »

Excellent! I've been waiting for these. Thanks for finally getting to it! :D
Maybe a GREAT day is just what you need this year.
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

After my first visit to the former Marriott's park this year, I have to say they have improved the soundtracks somewhat, and the sound quality is a lot better than it was last year. The only thing is they could do away with the commercials which spoil the theme. But it's still a lot better than the Shapiro era.

In a handful of sections, Hometown and Orleans, they mixed this other obscure soundtrack which sort of fits the theme along with the Marriott soundtrack. For example, they added Big Band to the Hometown Americana soundtrack, while they added more Dixieland to Orleans. In Carousel Plaza, they added some patriotic marching pieces to an 'improved' version of the old Wurlitzer 157 soundtrack (which you can purchase on I-tunes, by the way), plus a handful of different classic band organ recordings. The Main Gate is a bit of a problem because they play the corrupted version of the Wurlitzer soundtrack plus some other soundtrack overlapping each other. I say this because I heard one commercial play over one musical piece. Not a good example.

All in all, quite an improvement over last year.
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.
NightRider785
Buzzy Bee

Post by NightRider785 »

Does anyone know the year the original audio came out?
ie) Southwest was added in the 90s, but still sounds similar to the audio used in County Fair. Was County Fair made in 76, with the same people later making the SW stuff? Or did it all come out with SW opened?
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

Everything but Southwest came out when the park opened in 1976. I assume Southwest was recorded in the 90s when the section opened, but I don't know for sure. Since the section had been planned all along-- who knows???
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

Southwest Territory's soundtrack came from a handful of compilation albums that consisted of guitars, mandolins, and banjos. A few tracks came from this obscure artist Jim Hendricks, a couple from a soundtrack called The Way West, a couple from an album called The Greatest Western Themes (K-Tel), and one from a LaserLight album called TV Western Theme Songs. Of course, since their soundtracks gone corporate, they had to throw in modern country in with the mix, spoiling the theme somewhat. But again, Southwest, and most of the Marriott soundtracks had muzak'd versions of modern hits at the time, such as Yukon has "Take Me Home Country Roads". I guess that's even.
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.