Where is the Santa Clara Bone Yard?

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
Pictoriumguy
Buzzy Bee

Where is the Santa Clara Bone Yard?

Post by Pictoriumguy »

Does anyone know where the new boneyard for PGA is? I've taken the Sky Tower about 50 times now looking for it!! And does anyone know where the edge and the whizzer are today???
Thanks for your help.
Pictoriumguy
Pictoriumguy
Buzzy Bee

Post by Pictoriumguy »

oops forgot something :D .
Does anyone have any news on where greased lightnin' is going and is it still in the Marine World parking lot??
Thanks Again!!!
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Re: Where is the Santa Clara Bone Yard?

Post by redfishpaw »

Pictoriumguy wrote:Does anyone know where the new boneyard for PGA is? I've taken the Sky Tower about 50 times now looking for it!! And does anyone know where the edge and the whizzer are today???
Thanks for your help.
Pictoriumguy
I would assume that they do not have one anymore, they got rid of it when they expanded the waterpark. Parks do not like to store things. Gurnee never really had a bone yard either. I've read that the SC whizzer trains where sold and the track was scrapped.
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

Hi Pictoriumguy, at PGA if you were to pass under stealth into the backroads of the park, you would have crossed an employee service road. Once you crossed the road, there was a large area surrounded by a chainlink fence. This area was the boneyard. Since the waterpark was built, the boneyard is now gone. As an employee at PGA, I would sometimes check out the boneyard if I was on a break. There was of course the triple wheel, but also an old security vehicle, the small car from the Wayne's Wold movie (blue with the flames), and some old coaster cars. The trolleys were also put there once they were removed from the park.
Bush985
Gulf Coaster

Post by Bush985 »

There really isn't a boneyard persay anymore, although there is some old stuff in the old train tunnel near Demon. Also the old Trams are back near the Imax now. Everything else was destroyed and or given away. Although Triple Play still remains in the Employee lot.
-RD
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Given away? :-) Like Sky Whirl / Triple Wheel cabins? Anything else???

Steven
Bush985
Gulf Coaster

Post by Bush985 »

YEs.. And the Greased Lightning Sign, and Stealth Sign.
-RD
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Right! How could I forget about those? ;-) Also, the original Tidal Wave sign and Tidal Wave exit sign...

Steven