Coasting for Kids - Sunday July 24th, 2011

all new discussions of the parks today -- California's Great America and Six Flags Great America -- should go here
Jason Hammond
Gulf Coaster

Coasting for Kids - Sunday July 24th, 2011

Post by Jason Hammond »

Good day Great America Fans. I didn't find anything in a search on your site for the Coasting for Kids event. So, I thought I would give you all a heads up. For the past 2 years the Cedar Fair parks have been holding a charity raising, coaster riding marathon at all of their parks. This will be the 2nd year for California's Great America.

If you hover over the park on the state map, you will see the event details at each park. There is a $40 registration fee and most of the parks have some minimum amount of donations needed to participate. In the past 2 years we've raised $60,000 for Give Kids the World. They are an organization that helps families with terminally ill kids have a vacation. We're looking for this to be the biggest year ever. So far we have 69 people who have raised $9,633.

The event is on Sunday July 24th this year. This event does not require a club membership. Anyone can participate. If you want to participate at any of the Cedar Fair Parks, go here and sign up:

http://www.givekidstheworld.org/coastingforkids/
Jason Hammond
Gulf Coaster

Re: Coasting for Kids - Sunday July 24th, 2011

Post by Jason Hammond »

Across all of the parks, we are up to 110 participants who have raised a total of $13,941 so far. Keep up the good work guys. Our goal this year is $50,000.