Backwards Batman

all new discussions of the parks today -- California's Great America and Six Flags Great America -- should go here
OldSchoolGAFan
Gulf Coaster

Backwards Batman

Post by OldSchoolGAFan »

http://fox6now.com/2013/05/09/laura-enj ... six-flags/

This page contains a few videos from my local FOX station talking about and promoting Batman running backwards at the Gurnee park. Seems like it would be a little more painful to ride this backwards as compared to American Eagle.
RandyV
Willard's Whizzer

Re: Backwards Batman

Post by RandyV »

They seem think the whole 'backwards' thing is some kind of big deal. It was kind of interesting and unique when they did it with the Eagle how many years ago, but now it appears they're going to keep expanding it to other rides as if it's some kind of big deal.

Honestly, I have zero interest in riding Batman backwards. Maybe they'll try Demon backwards. Is there such think a reverse-head bang? :) :)

IMHO, the backwards thing is nothing more than a side-show gimmick the park is promoting as if they've installed a new ride. B&M spent millions engineering the ride to work the way it was built. I can only imagine how much money and effort the park wasted figuring out how to make Batman run the wrong direction.
Randy V.
Gurnee will always be my home park...
OldSchoolGAFan
Gulf Coaster

Re: Backwards Batman

Post by OldSchoolGAFan »

Definitely have to agree with you there Randy the backwards deal is overplayed quite a bit. And while I guess it's possible to run any coaster in reverse (except possibly Whizzer due to electrified lift) it was definitely not the way it was intended to go. Although now you have me wondering if a reverse head bang would still feel the same. :)