(Six Flags) Great America Welcomes 100 Millionth Guest

all new discussions of the parks today -- California's Great America and Six Flags Great America -- should go here
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

(Six Flags) Great America Welcomes 100 Millionth Guest

Post by RLAiello »

Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
macman
Gulf Coaster

Re: (Six Flags) Great America Welcomes 100 Millionth Guest

Post by macman »

Cringed when I read the article this morning and saw just how cheap the park was for marking such a big milestone. Free admission, some food and games and a flash pass? That's pretty sad...department stores do stuff like that every hour during the holidays, picking up the full cost of a lucky shopper's purchases. 100,000,000 guests should have meant more. :?
RandyV
Willard's Whizzer

Re: (Six Flags) Great America Welcomes 100 Millionth Guest

Post by RandyV »

What a stunning show of apathy on the part of the park. Free food, a flash pass for the day and free admission? OMG - how special! In another 37 years when the 200 millionth guest arrives I'll bet they really go all out and throw in a free t-shirt too. Sorry to sound so sarcastic, but seriously, this is a pretty major milestone to achieve -- it has taken almost four decades to reach -- and they do virtually nothing to recognize either the milestone or the person. <shrug> I know I shouldn't be surprised by it but what a let down.
Randy V.
Gurnee will always be my home park...