New Rides/Attractions for 2006

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

Mark Shapiro said in an article in the Daily Herald that SFGAm won't be adding any roller coaster in the next 3 to 4 years because the park will be focusing on families. Read the full article here: www.dailyherald.com/news/lakestory.asp?id=147698

I hope this will help get Six Flags back on its feet and lead to some awesome coasters in the future.
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

Nice article which even has a winter picture of the Gurnee park (with snow). For me, this is good news. I think the park has a pretty nice selection of coasters. I'm not sure where they could fit a new one so I'd rather see the park stay the way it is. My favorite coasters are Raging Bull, Viper and Batman. Coasters I could part with are Iron Wolf and Demon (sorry but I dont share everybodys sediment on the demon, I never liked this one). I am pleased with the removal of Shockwave, but felt that Superman was a small replacement. Superman is interesting but it does not make my favorites list. Rides that I think need to stay are Whizzer and both flumes, all of which are typically targeted for removel. No new coaster keeps these 3 rides safe. I want my kids to see these rides someday. But if I had to pick a spot for a new coaster I would see how a coaster would fit behind the flumes where picnic grove is, (maybe relocate picnic grove) and definately take out wilderness theater and possibly Iron Wolf, S. Sprockets could also be moved or build the new coaster east over the train tracks as needed, then there would be quite a bit of room for a large coaster.
Stealthguy05
Gulf Coaster

Post by Stealthguy05 »

that_guy wrote:Thanks, but whats the NCC??
http://www.norcalcoasters.net/

NCC= NorCal Coasters= Northern Callifornia Roller Coaster Park Web Site.
m_force_4_ever
Gulf Coaster

Post by m_force_4_ever »

^no its actually No Coaster Con, an off season ACE event...I guess it could be that website too but in that case it was refering to No Coaster Con
Coaster alex0805
Buzzy Bee

Post by Coaster alex0805 »

To bad PGA is losing Orbit!
06?
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Coaster alex0805 wrote:To bad PGA is losing Orbit!
Ok, clearing up is needed, You mean that in the sense no more Paramount its losing it orbit like a satellite, not that the ride "The Orbit" is being taken out, right...
cadillacman56
Buzzy Bee

Post by cadillacman56 »

Orbit's removal right now is just a rumor from Screamscape:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/paramou ... merica.htm

Other than that site there is no other mention of its removal.
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

With the way things are done at the park (PGA) these days, it would not surprise me one bit if they removed it. I hope it's just a rumor though, I still go on it every time I visit the park.
Stealthguy05
Gulf Coaster

Post by Stealthguy05 »

We've got pics!

Image track and vehicles

Image Crane by "Fizzly"

Image What looks like suports and the station?

Also it seems that the Grizzly's exit ramp has been rerouted for space? and the "Taco" restaurant IS no more!

pm me for more pics.
cadillacman56
Buzzy Bee

Post by cadillacman56 »

With what I've read about the proposed theming, this new ride is going to bring new life to the back of the park. Still, I wonder if who ever buys the parks is going to licence the Survivor theme or modify it to a generic theme. By the way, the new ride will be placed between Drop Zone and Eagle's Flight, right?
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

It's official, The Santa Clara Park is getting:

http://www3.paramountparks.com/greatAme ... rvivor.htm
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

I rode the Disk-O when I went to Mt. Olympus during the summer and I didn't like it. It was slow, short and boring. Maybe the little hill in the Survivor ride will make it a little better. The Disk-O isn't popular at Mt. Olympus and I don't know if the others are. Hopefully this turns out to be a good investment for PGA.
m_force_4_ever
Gulf Coaster

Post by m_force_4_ever »

^^I told you guys about this over a month ago!
m_force_4_ever wrote:^^Steven, PGA offically announced today at NCC that they will be getting an exteneded zamperlla disko called Survivor the ride and it will be themed to the crappy show of the same name (and they have the gall to call it a coaster) and to answer the above question: because that is the standard color for the tornado
Coaster alex0805
Buzzy Bee

Post by Coaster alex0805 »

Eh looks like Screamscape posted photos of Triple Play
06?
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

I hope Triple Play isn't leaving. If it does go hopefully a cool flat will take its place.