SC Edge

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
RandyV
Willard's Whizzer

SC Edge

Post by RandyV »

This quesiton came up a while ago and wasn't answered: What ever happened to the SC Edge? We know the Gurnee one has recently gone to the tangelo orange scrap heap ...
Randy V.
Gurnee will always be my home park...
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Good question! I don't think I ever even wondered about it. I actually did not miss it because I like the Drop Zone so much better. When an older ride is replaced with a newer and improved version, it's not so hard to take. Too bad, though, that Drop Zone was dropped in on the Ameri-Go-Round's site, forcing its eviction.

Steven
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

I'm still wondering what happened to the SC Yankee Clipper, which happens to be the question I had in my very first post. I'm hoping that someday there is a web page for keeping track of such rides. Perhaps a list showing the orignal rides, or install date, and then the current status. RCDB.com does a good job handling the coasters, but there isn't anything for covering the other rides.
RandyV
Willard's Whizzer

Post by RandyV »

steven wrote:Good question! I don't think I ever even wondered about it. I actually did not miss it because I like the Drop Zone so much better. When an older ride is replaced with a newer and improved version, it's not so hard to take. Too bad, though, that Drop Zone was dropped in on the Ameri-Go-Round's site, forcing its eviction.Steven
I have a soft spot for first generation Inatmin free falls, and with the recent talk about the Gurnee Edge being scrapped and CP having Demon Drop up for sale, I got to wondering about the SC Edge. I'm only aware of three free falls right now -- Magic Mountain, Cedar Point and Stuntman at SF Great Adventure.

So -- anyone know what happened to the SC Edge? Did it end up in the infamous boneyard?
Randy V.
Gurnee will always be my home park...
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

On that SRC photography site there is a photo of the Edge sign from SC in the boneyard so my guess is yes.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

I'm fairly certain that the edge (along with some other misc. stuff) was hauled away in July of 2000 from the parking lot in SC where the yankee clipper was. I know that Steven posted a pic of that pile in the parking lot and it only showed the yankee clipper, but when the pile was hauled away, I was told by a few supervisors that the edge was there too.... I wish I had taken a pic :?