Can we petition Great America to bring back Tidal Wave?

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
DemonLvr52379
Buzzy Bee

Can we petition Great America to bring back Tidal Wave?

Post by DemonLvr52379 »

Would it be possible to petition Great America to purchase Tidal Wave (Greazed Lightin') from the now closed Kentucky Kingdom? I would love to see history brought back to Gurnee :)
I luv Great America...Bring on the fun!!!
sfgam
Gulf Coaster

Re: Can we petition Great America to bring back Tidal Wave?

Post by sfgam »

I doubt it will ever happen...but I guess it's worth a shot if you feel so strong about it.
CoasterComet
Gulf Coaster

Post by CoasterComet »

Of course we can.

Where do I sign, or stand?

I think it is a GREAT idea. Bring it back, have all those little 'history boards' (that the park is good at, look at Little Dipper) and tell the story of the ride, where it went, and it's back by popular demand. They could also have information about the 70's technology and how it differs (the pros and cons) of today's technology (V2).

A great place would be right over the front gate, of course, that's my fantasy coaster geek talking, but things happen :)
CoasterComet
Gulf Coaster

Post by CoasterComet »

Also, with Whizzer and Little Dipper, it's clear Great America has a nice stake in rides... older rides, history, the integrity that comes with keeping those rides. I think they should expand a little on that. Whizzer needs an ACE plaque or some sort of accolade, in my opinion.

Last Friday, I was at the park with Theme Park Review (such a great friendly group!) and Hank Salemi (park pres) said Whizzer isn't going anywhere and they are happy to have it and LD - and also talked about how most people in the Chicagoland area had their first coaster ride on either of those 2, and now they have them both :) Very cool.

Now onto my 'make American Eagle the great coaster it was meant to be, and better' project ;)
NotBill
Yankee Clipper

Post by NotBill »

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sfgawave/

Done! Spread the word!!

Would Great America Parks be interested in being named as part of the effort Steven?

--Guy
Guy Finley
aka "Bill" Finley
SFGAm Employee 1988 - 1992
NotBill
Yankee Clipper

Post by NotBill »

Facebook page started as well: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Return-Th ... 3922300768

I snagged one of your photos Steven to use, I hope you don't mind. I figured since you watermarked them you were fine with that. If any issues let me know. I think we can make this happen and have nothing to lose by trying! Spread the word and let's start a wave for the Wave!!!

--Guy
Guy Finley
aka "Bill" Finley
SFGAm Employee 1988 - 1992
DemonLvr52379
Buzzy Bee

Post by DemonLvr52379 »

I signed it and I am spreading the word! I hope that others are just as passionate and would love to see this dream become a reality! Thanks Guy for starting the petition and Facebook page! :D
I luv Great America...Bring on the fun!!!
BillK
Gulf Coaster

Post by BillK »

Thing is, it would even fit really well thematically with Hurricane Harbor…
CoasterComet
Gulf Coaster

Post by CoasterComet »

I say put it over the entrance of the park :) Have a whole storyboard thing about the rides history, being old (but fun!) technology, etc. NOT with a RIDICULOUS LOOOOONG que like Little Dipper, Please.
Shelly725
Buzzy Bee

Post by Shelly725 »

I would love to see it back! Signed and spread the word.
*Been riding Coasters since 1988*

"What id give to take another ride on the Tidal Wave, Shockwave, Sky Whirl, Great American Raceway and Splash Water Falls"
Luxornv
Buzzy Bee

Post by Luxornv »

I don't think they can bring it back. I thought the one from CGA was destroyed, and the one from SFGAm was moved around and settled at SFKK. It would be an ideal move to take it from SFKK and keep in line with the nostalgia theme the park has had the last few seasons, but I think the state of Kentucky threw a fit when Chang was removed and got an injunction against Six Flags to stop removing anything. Supposedly there are plans to get SFKK going again, but any phone # I've seen posted that is owned by that group has been turned off. There is also a website somewhere for it, but last time I read that, it seemed like they weren't doing too well on getting the project going. I think the SFGAm Tidal Wave may be doomed to rust at SFKK. It may have a nostalgia feel to Great America fans, but I don't think anyone else really cares too much about it.