Iron Wolf to be removed for sure.

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
sfgam
Gulf Coaster

Iron Wolf to be removed for sure.

Post by sfgam »

Just announced by Six Flags Great America via Facebook, Iron Wolf will be removed, and the last ride will be on September 5th. After 21 years of service, it's time to say goodbye to this milestone of a roller coaster.
steven
Site Admin

Re: Iron Wolf to be removed for sure.

Post by steven »

Thanks for sharing the info here!

Steven
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

Farewell to Iron Wolf, but I never really cared for it. No other ride in the park caused me as much pain as that one. Between getting my ears boxed by the shoulder harnesses and the, um, uncomfortable feeling after sitting on the seat... it just wasn't fun anymore.

Hopefully it gets replaced with something cool, and soon. I remember when I first started at SFGAM, it was right after Z-Force was removed, so that area was empty for a few years before Wolf came along.

Total pipe dream-- put the Whirligig back where it first was. Yeah.. pipe dream. ;-)
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
jimmy gimbels
Yankee Clipper

Post by jimmy gimbels »

No love lost here. So now there are two locations for a new coaster...but that does not mean SFGA will get two new coasters. I think new coaster will be located in Iron Wolf area...plenty of space behind it, too. Splashwater Falls/antique car ride are will be hld for water park expansion.
NotBill
Yankee Clipper

Post by NotBill »

Man I am going to have to do an Iron Wolf post in her memory. I wasn't on the inaugural crew but got transfered there her first season. Some interesting things happened that's for sure!

--Guy
Guy Finley
aka "Bill" Finley
SFGAm Employee 1988 - 1992