Berserker/Yukon Yahoo Question

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
GAfanfromFL
Buzzy Bee

Berserker/Yukon Yahoo Question

Post by GAfanfromFL »

Was looking on theme park review and found this press release for Vortex. http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/ph ... inkid=9986
This particular press release lists all 33 rides present at the park in 1991. It states that "Beserker was reconfigured in 1989 from an earlier model called Yukon Yahoo". Does anybody now what this means or why the press release states this? I guess it was relocated to County Fair around 1989? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by GAfanfromFL on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmy gimbels
Yankee Clipper

Re: Beserker/Yukon Yahoo Question

Post by jimmy gimbels »

Check the "rides" second of this site.

Another product of the Anton Schwarzkopf company of Germany, the trade name for the Yukon Yahoo ride is "Bayern-Kurve". On the Yukon Yahoo, a train of bobsled cars races around a circular track, thrilling riders as it accelerates. Originally located in Yukon Territory, the Gurnee ride was later relocated to Orleans Place at the location of the former Delta Flyer skyride station. In an inglorious reference to the venerable skyride, the Yukon Yahoo was renamed Delta Flyer. The ride was eventually removed from the Gurnee park. In Santa Clara, the Yukon Yahoo was relocated near the lift hill of the Demon roller coaster and renamed Berserker.

Opened:
Final season:
Santa Clara: still operating as the Berserker next to the Demon roller coaster;
Gurnee: approximately 1991
GAfanfromFL
Buzzy Bee

Re: Berserker/Yukon Yahoo Question

Post by GAfanfromFL »

Thanks for your help. However you didn't answer my question. I realize that the Yukon Yahoo was relocated to County Fair and renamed Berserker. However, I do not understand why the press release says that Berserker was reconfigured from Yukon Yahoo. :?