Sky Trek Tower Music FOUND!

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
Cliffhanger
Buzzy Bee

Sky Trek Tower Music FOUND!

Post by Cliffhanger »

So I have always loved Sky Trek Tower, its always the first and last ride I go on when I'm visiting the park. The music playing during the narration has been subject to many threads here on GAmParks. Some say that it is a clip from the front gate music, others say that its a medley of Looney Tunes themes. Well, decide for yourself. Recently, SFGAm's Youtube Channel has released a video ride through of STT, along with the narration track. I went ahead and removed the narration and tried to clean it up a little, so now everyone can hear the mysterious song.

I have posted a video on my YouTube channel here,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUiCMO6XvjQ

I hope everyone enjoys! :D
Cliffhanger
Buzzy Bee

Re: Sky Trek Tower Music FOUND!

Post by Cliffhanger »

A little update on the music used in the medley. Someone on facebook tracked down the exact songs that are featured in the clip. He says, "It's known as the Looney Tunes Medley with songs: I tawt I taw a puddy tat, Daffy's Rhapsody, Merrily We Roll along, The Road Runner Show theme song and the Looney Tunes Merry Go Round broke down. It is one of the original Marriott Tracks."

Listening to "I tawt I taw a puddy cat" It is obvius that this person is right! Thanks Ted!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDugUH4nT6k

I just wonder why this has been unknown for so many years. Someone said on this forum that it was a Marriot original song, but I guess that is not the case.
dwolo
Gulf Coaster

Re: Sky Trek Tower Music FOUND!

Post by dwolo »

All the songs in the medley were recorded many years before Marriott's opened. They were arranged and re-recorded specifically for Marriott's. Originally it played before the shows in Theatre Royale. The house would open 15 minutes before showtime. The medley is 5 minutes long. It would play 3 times before each show. If you worked in Royale you heard it thousands of time. I bet if you played 3 notes of it to anyone who worked in Royale, they'd know what it is instantly! :)