Question about the Looney Tunes stage shows at MGA

All about the shows, music, and performers at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
dth1971
Yankee Clipper

Question about the Looney Tunes stage shows at MGA

Post by dth1971 »

Regarding the Looney Tunes stage shows at Marriott's Great America such as "The Bugs Bunny Story" and "Bugs Bunny's Las Vegas Revue": Did the late Mel Blanc do a good job voicing the Looney Tunes characters as they appeared on stage? During the mid-late 1960's, 1970's, and the 1980's (until Mel's 1989 death) Mr. Blanc's voices for all the Looney Tunes characters were sounded deeper and somewhat scratchy than the way he voiced them from the 1930's to the early 1960's.
ewilson
Yankee Clipper

Post by ewilson »

Mel Blanc did still do all the voices. He would occasionally come by and visit us at the shows and do the voices for us (many times saying words that you would never have heard them say in public). The sound difference you may hear is the diffeance between hearing them over your television speakers and a full equalized stage sound system. I am surprised how well he can remamber exactly how to do all the different voices he can do, and keep them streight. He trained his son to take over his job for the day he could not do them any more. His son did a few of the TV shows made after his death, but I never thought that well. I don't know who did the movies recently.