Eegads, has it been that long?
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

Cool pictures. Thanks for sharing!
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

How often did the foghorn leghorn show play?
Were their like 15 minute sets and 10 minute intermission periods or was it just continuous?
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
Tech Services 1
Willard's Whizzer

Post by Tech Services 1 »

that_guy wrote:How often did the foghorn leghorn show play?
Were their like 15 minute sets and 10 minute intermission periods or was it just continuous?
Once again, the spiderwebs in my skull are getting in the way.
I don't remember what the show intervals were, but I do know it wasn't continuous.
The show lasted about ten minutes, although the Snowshoe employees felt like it was a lot longer!
They used to be happy when Foghorn would break down, because the show would get shut down until I could get over there to repair him, and then they would often tell me to take my time!
I don't think anyone else but me ever wanted to work on Foghorn (or maybe I wouldn't let them- I was very protective of him), but I remember many times getting the message "The chicken's down again. Go fix him".

The most common area needing repair was inside his skull. There were lots of hoses and cylinders packed in a small space that had to move around, and hoses would rub on the frame until they burst.
A panel could be removed from the back of his skull for access; I would often find myself chuckling at the thought of having some kid in the Saloon peek under the main curtain while I was standing there on stage, performing brain surgery on Foghorn :shock:
Fortunately that never happened; Marriott could have been saddled with some therapy bills. :wink:

One thing I do remember VERY clearly- and that is the smell of the whole system! Foghorn's fur, the crate underneath him, the pneumatic oil, etc.
Funny how that can stay with you :D

PPG
Technical Services technician
Gurnee park '81 - '86

Eegads, has it been that long?