Soft drinks sold at MGA

All about everything else at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
dth1971
Yankee Clipper

Soft drinks sold at MGA

Post by dth1971 »

Marriott's Great America sold for its soft drink beverages Coca-Cola and 7-up. Do you remember the soft drink stands at the MGA parks?
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Yes, I remember the soft drink stands. They called them kiosks rather than stands. The soft drinks throughout the park were served in white styrofoam cups with the Marriott's GREAT AMERICA logo on them. I still have some of these cups around. Not too many years ago, there was one seen in the second floor window of Maggie Brown's in Santa Clara. I think it was gone, however, the last time that I looked.

Service standards were fairly regimented. Employees had to use a special metal ice scoop to deliver a uniform amount of ice in each cup of Coca-Cola.

Steven
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

Around 1990 SFGA brought vending machines in to replace some of the kiosks. This was partly due to ongoing staffing problems. There was a quite a bit of discussion about this at the time because some felt this move lacked personal service. True, but the vending machine made it much easier to get a beverage, no lines, and at the time , for a mere buck, a coke was the best deal in the park. (now 3 bucks). Any thoughts?
jimmy gimbels
Yankee Clipper

Re: Soft drinks sold at MGA

Post by jimmy gimbels »

Now $3.50 for a bottled soda out of a vending machine! Most only sell Coke, Diet Coke abd Coke Zero.