Cool, Summer Mist

All about everything else at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
JW65
Tidal Wave

Cool, Summer Mist

Post by JW65 »

I am sure you'll all remember the mist of water you'd feel as you walked under the bridge of the Scenic Railway going from Carousel Plaza into Hometown Square. Has that always been in the park? Was there another place in the park where you could feel a mist of water?
Last edited by JW65 on Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFGAmLover
Yankee Clipper

Post by SFGAmLover »

The corresponding bridge on the Orleans Place side has a mister as well. Not sure when they were put in, though.
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

I believe that these misters were a Six Flags thing.

Steven
dth1971
Yankee Clipper

Farmer's Market

Post by dth1971 »

Was the Farmer's Market at both Great America parks the concept of shopping mall food courts?
dth1971
Yankee Clipper

OOPS!

Post by dth1971 »

Last post posted in wrong place!
JW65
Tidal Wave

Post by JW65 »

Steven and Others,

I was looking closely at the Scenic Railway pictures in the "Rides" picture section of this site. While there I noticed in the second picture titled "Red Train engine number 9 on Orleans Place trestle" that there appears to be a short pipe that extends from the bridge into the air below it. You should be able to see it right below where the engine train ends on the bridge. You may have to enlarge the picture in order to see what appears to be a pipe. Could this have been/be used for the spray? I see sky rides in the background, so this would have been when Marriotts owned the park. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Jeff

http://www.greatamericaparks.com/sg/rid ... ain002.jpg
BrianPlencner
Tidal Wave

Post by BrianPlencner »

I took a look at that picture, and I think that it is a pole for the hanging basket of green plants just below it in the picture. I say that, because the pole is attached to the side of the bridge, with nothing connected to the end of it (like a water pipe would have).
===========================================
Mr. Brian Plencner
SFGAm Employee: 1988-1992
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

I seem to recall the misters always being there. I remember as a kid standing under them and cooling off... but then, I've been wrong before. :) I'm getting old, ya know. :o
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999