Suggest a new themed territory!

All about everything else at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

Suggest a new themed territory!

Post by GreatAmerica4ever »

What would happen if the Six Flags corporation would ever expand and design a new territory for Great America? What would you suggest as part of the theme or name that would fit in the park?

Personally, I think a theme of the Great Lakes area or the West Coast could be interesting. How about a Hawaiian Island theme? Since the Civil War era has been very popular lately, wouldn't an area dedicated to that be cool?

Does anyone else have any suggestions? It could be very creative!
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

This is an interesting one, but I think Civil War would probably be a little hard to surround a themed area on, let alone a war being the center of fun, lol.

The only two that I could think of would be Hawaiin, or something along the lines of Southern California/Boardwalk/Hollywood...
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

I wouldn't do a Hawaiian or west coast theme becauase of Hurricane Harbor. I think something like Frontiertown would be cool. For those who havent been to Cedar Point Frontiertown is like a little town in the woods. Frontiertown is heavily wooded so theres lots of shade and everything is made out of log cabins.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

SFGAmfreak4life wrote:I wouldn't do a Hawaiian or west coast theme becauase of Hurricane Harbor. I think something like Frontiertown would be cool. For those who havent been to Cedar Point Frontiertown is like a little town in the woods. Frontiertown is heavily wooded so theres lots of shade and everything is made out of log cabins.
That sounds nice, but isn't that like Yukon Territory?
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

It has a little bit of similarity. It also has similarities with Hometown Square. The part of Frontiertown Im talking about is the Frontier Trail. I was just trying to think of something . Here are some good pictures of the Trail. http://www.tour-the-point.com/FrontierTrail.htm Scroll down towards the bottom of the page.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Oh, Thats really nice, reminds me of a national park.
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

I think everyone who walks through there enjoys it. Its very peaceful and relaxing. Also theres plenty of shade so its nice to be there during a hot sunny day. Hopefully everyone on the site who hasnt been to Cedar Point can make a trip. Its my favorite park and has been voted worlds best park 9 years in a row.
DisneyParksFan
Buzzy Bee

Post by DisneyParksFan »

I would like to see a Hollywood area.
If it was to be built...hopefully Six Flags hope be able to pull it off since they do have some access to blockbuster names.
Maybe it could be branched off of Yukon Territory, replacing the Cartoon Network area? That way, they could re-use that ampitheater seating back there.
Demonlover13
Tidal Wave

Post by Demonlover13 »

I'd say make a territory just called, boardwalk
I need a great day this year, or 2, or 30!
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

DisneyParksFan wrote:I would like to see a Hollywood area.
That sounds like a good idea. I go to the Santa Clara park, and they do have an area called Hollywood Plaza: in the exact same spot that was once Hometown Square. That makes me mad. This so called Hollywood Plaza has nothing to do with Hollywood, except for the signature Hollywood sign in front of Vortex. Other than that, it still looks like Hometown Square. I seriously hope that Cedar Fair does something with the theming at Santa Clara.
I miss Tidal Wave
Demonlover13
Tidal Wave

Post by Demonlover13 »

That'd be way too much of a copy of universal studios though.
I need a great day this year, or 2, or 30!
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

^ Well the Hollywood Sign actually no longer exists. They took it out this year as well as the rainbow of flowers and replaced it with some trees and flowers in the shape of the flag.

They also filled Triple Play's Hole with Trees as well...
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

I want Triple Play back. :(
I miss Tidal Wave