Does anyone remember the Record a song studio??

All about everything else at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
lysandbrendansmom
Buzzy Bee

Does anyone remember the Record a song studio??

Post by lysandbrendansmom »

Hi I found this website by searching marriots..And boy did it bring back some good ol memories!!!

I remember right by Power Dive was a studio where you could record a song (Karaoke and you bought the tape..) anyway..I remember singing quite a few songs there and when you were done they played it over the speakers. Does anyone remember the name of it? What song did you sing...

I sang: Kokomo. You've lost that loving feeling, Hold on by Wilson Phillips and Thats what friends are for. I really wish I still had those tapes! :
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

I remember I sang Margaritaville

:::: Sadly I DO have that tape still :( .... good thing I don't have anything to play it on :D :::::::::

(Actually on a side note, I sing MUCH better than I did when I did this, but I'm not blaming the studio, they had some fairly decent equipment with which to use.
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

Post by GreatAmerica4ever »

Oh yes, as soon as you crossed under the train bridge you heard the bad singing of MANY people! It was just as bad as American Idol contestants! I could never have gone in and sing by myself; my friends wanted to alll sing "Love Shack" together, but we never ended up getting there.

This is another sound I definitely remember of my memoried at Great America! ;)
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

I dont remember what it was called before but the name was changed to the Mardi Gras Recording Studio. If I remember correctly the studio was closed after the 2005 season. What it was replaced with I cant remember.
Go Bears!
NotBill
Yankee Clipper

Post by NotBill »

I believe it was the Great America Recording Studio and I believe I have a cassette of my friends and I doing Biz Markie's "Just A Friend" somewhere. Oh my, I'm going to have to go look for that now.

--Guy
Guy Finley
aka "Bill" Finley
SFGAm Employee 1988 - 1992
Matt Hart
Buzzy Bee

Post by Matt Hart »

I do remember this being in the SC park, but I never had the nerve to actually record a song.
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

In case any of the Gurnee people havent seen it yet, the recording studio is sadly sponsored by B96.
Go Bears!
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

SFGAmfreak4life wrote:In case any of the Gurnee people havent seen it yet, the recording studio is sadly sponsored by B96.
Does that mean it was reopened?
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

No. B96 is broadcasting a show from there during the summer. I've always hated B96 and I've never liked the idea of them being there. The crap they play is far from Six Flags' recent goal of "family friendly".
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

Play it again, Sam! I never considered B-96 or Kiss-FM family friendly at all, and they play the same dross every hour.
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.