Cirque Arcade (Gurnee)

All about everything else at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Cirque Arcade (Gurnee)

Post by jonrev »

In Gurnee, across from Big Easy Balloons, there's an arcade called "Cirque Electrique". After looking through some photos here I found one where it looked completely different. It's the large building across from the Orleans Gazebo and next to the entrance to Traffique Jam.

Code: Select all

http://www.greatamericaparks.com/sg/rides/orleans/cliffhanger/cajuncliffhanger002.jpg
Today, there is a ring-toss, basketball game, and a few others in place of that opening in the front. Does anyone know when they replaced the open building entrance with those games? And were there just arcade games inside back then?

Also does anyone know when that building across from what is now Bayou Blowout was torn down? There are more games stands on the site of where it was.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

What I recall about Cirque Electrique is that it used to be a mini version of the Games Gallery in County Fair. There have always been mini games in there, but mainly of the skeeball, balloon burst variety. It was a great place to take a break from the heat.

The Games Gallery held the biggest selection of arcade games in the entire park but it was closely followed by Cirque Electrique.

When the arcade boom fell out of vogue in the middle 80's the space inside was replaced with more mini games.

I remember those mini games outside being in place as early as the mid 80's. I also remember a version of the guessing game called the Amazing Alfredeux which was located kitty corner from the entrance to this place.

Sadly I haven't been there in a few years so I don't know how it looks now.
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

There is still an Amazing Alfredeux near the former "Mardi Gras Recording Studio". It's very annoying.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007