Park Music for 2007

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Gurnee
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Park Music for 2007

Post by RLAiello »

What's the status of the park music for 2007? I know last year for the 45th they played 70s and 80s tunes. What's being played now?

I suppose I could just GO and find out for myself.. but.. just curious. :)
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

All areas except Orleans, kids areas and SWT are playing a mix of the garbage they played last year. Mardi Gras still has its music (half of what it was in 2004) but they play B96 occasionally.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
Papas
Yankee Clipper

Post by Papas »

A lot of park guests complained about the old soundtracks the park used to play that they were annoying. Orleans Place, Mardi Gras, and Southwest Teritorry still play the original music they had. All other areas of the park now play more modern music.
DisneyParksFan
Buzzy Bee

Post by DisneyParksFan »

I remember a few years ago I went to the park and the entire park had the same soundtrack playing. The worst part was it was literally only five songs!! It got so annoying.
Though while I was walking past the bumper cars area, there was this lady dancing down the street to the parks soundloop. At that point it was When the Saints Go Marching In.

~DPF
thadpk
Buzzy Bee

Post by thadpk »

Hello all! Been away from the boards for a spell, but am back... Went to the park and enjoyed it as always... My question is this: What is up with the Moog Music I heard playing whilst in line for V2? There were several songs utilizing the Moog, and I almost felt as if I was walking onto the set of a not so appropriate for this forum movie. Anyone know of this, and the names of the songs? It was kinda interesting....
I miss the glory days.... Come back to me...
Papas
Yankee Clipper

Post by Papas »

I was wondering if anyone was gonna notice that there is still one spot in Yankee Harbor where the original Marriot music is played, in V2s line. Why I have no idea....
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Yeah I've known about that since last year. Yankee Harbor's music was really relaxing when it was around, and now it's got my least favorite music in the park. :(
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007