SFGAm Using Marriots Music Again

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Gurnee
benzo41190
Gulf Coaster

SFGAm Using Marriots Music Again

Post by benzo41190 »

So I was at the park on this past Sunday and I was walking through Orleans Place and I heard the actual old Marriott soundtrack music. I could tell for sure it was the same music they used to play in the Orleans place. I though I heard it about a month before but I could tell exactly. But since no one was in the park, I could hear it very clearly.

So has anyone else heard it?
Papas
Yankee Clipper

Post by Papas »

Thats been playing all year.
BTW were you wearing a TPR shirt? I was taking garbage bags over to Superstition and noticed someone wearing one of those shirts and made sure to comment (Carousel/Tower were already open at 9:45).
Last edited by Papas on Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
benzo41190
Gulf Coaster

Post by benzo41190 »

Yeah that was me :lol:

Ive been to the park about 10 times this year and I only heard it those two times.
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

Checking in on this - are they still playing the crap from early 2007 or are they back to the Marriott music?
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
ghostrider455
Buzzy Bee

Post by ghostrider455 »

Slightly newer crap.
Demonlover13
Tidal Wave

Post by Demonlover13 »

I could've sworn I heard some original yankee harbor music.
I need a great day this year, or 2, or 30!
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Orleans, Mardi, Hometown, and Yukon I know are back to themed music (not sure if it's Marriott-era music). Carousel Plaza has a new soundtrack that sounds too cartoonish compared to the original soundtrack. County Fair and the park entrance gates have only like three songs playing for those areas, all three of them suck. Yankee I can't confirm anything.

They are also playing a newer version of the disco song "Car Wash" throughout the park every hour I believe, from what I've heard, it's to keep employees focused on keeping the park clean.

Does anyone know if they're playing the Carousel Song at the beginning and end of the day this year? I'm still yet to hear it.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
Demonlover13
Tidal Wave

Post by Demonlover13 »

I definately heard some kind of themed music in Yankee harbor.
I need a great day this year, or 2, or 30!
coasterfan25
Buzzy Bee

Re: SFGAm Using Marriots Music Again

Post by coasterfan25 »

Yes they do still play the Carousel song at the opening and closing everyday. That is basically the only time you will get to hear original Marriott songs in the park. Unless you ride like the carousel I believe?
See you on the Midways, Bradley
kwool
Buzzy Bee

Re: SFGAm Using Marriots Music Again

Post by kwool »

^ Yes, I believe that's about it. Also, I think Sky Trek Tower may play an original Marriott's ditty, but I'm not sure.

Though most of the music has gone away in favor of pop tunes, Six Flags has kept some themed music. The Dark Knight has begun playing the film's soundtrack in the area around the ride and Batman: The Ride still has its interesting mix of Prince, U2, soundtrack, and Seal music from the Batman Returns album.