Need some clarification from some 'ole timers; venting...

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Gurnee
geostevphen
Gulf Coaster

Cedar Fair....

Post by geostevphen »

Is a great company. They're one of no others who carefully planned their acquisitions and truly have become Six Flags (Goliath) David (Cedar Fair). While not as recognizable as the Six Flags brand, mention their parks to people (Santa Clara, included) and they have a certain awe for this company they barely knew about but certainly recognized the parks. Knotts Berry Farm is now Cedar Fair as well, or am I full o it, on that one. As for SFGA, I hope they reuse the old Marriott slogan: "Clean as you go". It really kind of stuck w me. I remember my lead "DL of Water'little-city' Wisconsin was a great example and I remember working on a large crew like Rampage (Rapids) 4-6 propel on break third hour, if we all divided & picked up as we made for the Service Corridor by the Edge (Powerdive) (?) Orleans square really looked a lot different on a "Joyfest" 40k kinda day. I carried that with me through my lead years and into Seasonal Sectional Management. It may seem daunting especially when it looks like hell, but a little goes a long way....and you wouldn't believe the perspective change guests will get, much less employees (who notice dirty day versus clean day, first) when the park is clean. Good luck with that goal, but it's a great goal and will make a real difference!
"Get the hel* of that railing, it's already busted; Fat A**" Heard over the WWR PA System as I left the ride to go to lunch, July 1986
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

Post by GreatAmerica4ever »

'Clean as you go!' is also a McDonald's slogan! When you pay attention to the smallest of details as McDonald's has, you know you are successful -- and that's what Marriott's did!
geostevphen
Gulf Coaster

Marriotts, however,

Post by geostevphen »

had THE best food, hands down, a Theme Park ever served, present company included. I guess we all know before Marriott's was a hotel, they were a catering company. I worked many a day a fling/gig and Sticky Fingers was just at my olfactory pleasure center. Firehouse pizza rings a bell too. That made it worth the idea hat MGA was a destination. Today (SFGA) seems like it's a 'stop' on the 'day out with family' circuit. Even Disneyland in Anaheim, it's much easier than ever, to hand-stamp, run out to Harbor Blvd and be eating McDonald's, Tony Roma or (fill in the blank) FASTER than you'd get through some of the queues in either park. Ah, the good TASTING days!
"Get the hel* of that railing, it's already busted; Fat A**" Heard over the WWR PA System as I left the ride to go to lunch, July 1986