What would happen to Six Flags overall, if...

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Gurnee
EagleMom
Gulf Coaster

What would happen to Six Flags overall, if...

Post by EagleMom »

Can somebody please explain how important SFGA is to the entire Six Flags corporation? Is it really true that we "carry" the other parks?
MGA1
Willard's Whizzer

Post by MGA1 »

This is an interesting question. I've also heard Great America is the top park in the Six Flags chain in terms of contributing to corporate profits. I've never seen any financial figures to back that claim up. I'm assuming this information would be listed in the Six Flags corporation Annual Reports though. Are there any Six Flags shareholders here that can check the financial reports in the Annual Report?
"...and enjoy the rest of your day here at Marriott's GRRRREAT America"
TripplePlay93
Yankee Clipper

Post by TripplePlay93 »

I think SFGAm is in the top 3 because we have no competition around the park.
Great America, My dream come true

Save Great America Raceway.
missedthemarriotera
Yankee Clipper

Post by missedthemarriotera »

i can eisily believe great america is the 'best' six flags.... i mean, isnt it the only ones with no deaths that were the parks fault? lol
ahahaha
geostevphen
Gulf Coaster

I'd say 2 or 3

Post by geostevphen »

Magic Mountain is open, at least part time, year round. It pays year round and has highest attendance. It is huge and holds a crowd well.

Gurnee is probably next, and for the ten year period I worked there...the five or six I was exposed to park counts, (1989-1994) we weren't worried about being high in the system, we were gaging ourselves against Cedar Point and Kings Island (both of which hold lots more, lots more easily)...Cedar can hold 100,000 and look like 40,000 in SFGA. I was there two days we cut off the tollbooths by 11:30 am and only allowed walk ups. Anyone say JoyFest? We were even outdoing MM on a daily basis...they had more days.
"Get the hel* of that railing, it's already busted; Fat A**" Heard over the WWR PA System as I left the ride to go to lunch, July 1986