security

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Santa Clara
Stealthguy05
Gulf Coaster

Post by Stealthguy05 »

Uh how is this relevant enough to bump the topic? i understan your new so just dont bump topics that are more than a month old
PGAsecurity99
Gulf Coaster

Post by PGAsecurity99 »

To answer Gameboy's question, I have no idea how security works at that place anymore. I have not worked their in almost 9 years. The people you saw using they're "radios" out of a paper bag, were probably S.E.T. These were the undercover officers. Now they might use wireless mics.

As for Stealthguy05, last I check, you are not Steven. Who are you to dictate weather or not somebody replies on an old topic?
XRay005
Buzzy Bee

Post by XRay005 »

Hey...I remember working with the guys that used the bag radios on SET. Good times.
soupkid
Gulf Coaster

Post by soupkid »

Gameboy wrote:Do the security guys still run around with walkie talkies in paper bags trying to look incognito? I always thought one day some little old lady would call park security because she saw some crazy guy talking into a paper bag.
When I worked Security in the mid 80's, we would only do that on special plainclothes assignments, which were very few and far between.
Security Officer/Dispatcher 1986-1988
Park Services Tool Crib 1985
soupkid
Gulf Coaster

Post by soupkid »

Station1 wrote: I remember Kelly was there when I left and Doty had retired earlier in 1995 or 1994.
I heard that Kelly died a couple of years ago. She worked for Evergreen College District Police Department when she died. Can anyone confirm that?

Anyone remember Joyce Varley who worked in Security for a long time in the 80's? I learned that her sister, Joan, who worked in Guest Services in the 80's, was murdered in Reno in Oct. 2006.

Sad times for the Security family.
Security Officer/Dispatcher 1986-1988
Park Services Tool Crib 1985
XRay005
Buzzy Bee

Post by XRay005 »

I remember Kelly...but she left within a year of when I started in Security.

Sorry, I don't know more.
retlawfan
Yankee Clipper

Post by retlawfan »

<<Sad times for the Security family.>>

Sad times indeed. There was always something special about that department. I guess when you have to trust people to watch your back, you appreciate them a bit more.

Station1: Speaking of Doty(or was it Dotty?) Do you remember Doty "voguing"? There was a fun time. She was a great lady who was always fun to work with.

Also, does anyone know what became of Beth? She was a security sergeant 89-94ish.
Great America Security
Santa Clara
1989-1992
XRay005
Buzzy Bee

Post by XRay005 »

I missed out on Doty vogueing.

I remember Beth...but don't know where she ended up after leaving GA. One of her last assignments was working as plain clothes sgt. That is all i remember.