Orleans Orbit removal

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Santa Clara
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Orleans Orbit removal

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

Screamscape has reported a rumor that the Orleans Orbit might be removed before the season starts. I hope this doesn't happen. Gurnee's Great America is my home park but it would be sad if PGA removed a Marriott ride. If this happens then it seems like PGA has plans to eventually get rid of everything from the Marriott days.
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

Is PGA's Orleans Orbit still in it's original location?
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Probably, its still in what used to be Orlean's Place, but it might have been moved a little for the addition of the rapids ride...
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

It's still Orleans Place but I'm not sure if the Orleans Orbit is in it's original location.
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

Steven, you might know, have you heard anything from PGA about if it's just a rumor or actually true?
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

They're taking it out. I know this becuse it shows on their park map. http://www2.paramountparks.com/greatame ... rk_map.cfm The spot is vacant on the map.

it sucks because I really liked it. It was a good way to "dry off" after going on Rip Roarin' Rapids.

And also, it's not Orelans Place anymore, it's called All American corner. Orelan's Place has become smaller only consisting of Top Gun, Rue Le Dodge, Eagles Light, and a few shops.
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

Man this stinks...(I looked at the map) While the layout is similar to the Gurnee Park, they have totally gone in a different direction in the past few years.

Oh well, there's always the memories that you had when the park was owned by Mariott....
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Except for Columbia, Star Tower, Demon and Loggers, there's like almost no Marriott theme left in PGA. :cry: I hate PGA's management.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

I make it a point to ride every marriott era ride I can when I visit PGA, and I'm so glad I do because I know it might be my last chance. Like with the orbit, there was no signs or indication that it would be gone, so I suggest everyone that visits there this season go on the old rides :)
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

jonrev wrote:Except for Columbia, Star Tower, Demon and Loggers, there's like almost no Marriott theme left in PGA. :cry: I hate PGA's management.
There's also Rue Le Dodge, Eagle's Flight/ Delta Flyer, The Berseker (Yukon Yahoo), Barney Oldfield Speedway, Centrifuge (Fiddler's Fling), and The Buzzy Bee (Mystery Club Inc. Ghost Chase)
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

Yea, it sucks all the old rides are leaving. The one thing that gets me mad is if they are going to take out all the old flats from there, WHY is Bezerker (Yukon Yahoo) still there!?!?! That is the most boring flat ever. That should've been the first to leave. Honestly, the only old flats I like(d) there are Triple Play :(, Centrifuge, Orbit :(, and Rue Le Dodge (the BEST bumper cars ever!!). Bezerker is absolutely boring. I don't care if it's Marriot or not.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

dpxtreme wrote:Yea, it sucks all the old rides are leaving. The one thing that gets me mad is if they are going to take out all the old flats from there, WHY is Bezerker (Yukon Yahoo) still there!?!?! That is the most boring flat ever. That should've been the first to leave. Honestly, the only old flats I like(d) there are Triple Play :(, Centrifuge, Orbit :(, and Rue Le Dodge (the BEST bumper cars ever!!). Bezerker is absolutely boring. I don't care if it's Marriot or not.
I think the Berserker is just there so younger and non-thrill guests have something to ride in that area, especially since its between Demon and Invertigo. Personally I like it, I tend to enjoy anything, but I think it would be funner if it went faster and if it were run backwards like in the 90s.
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

Everytime I go to the park in the summer on a Saturday, Bezerker is the ride with no line at all. It goes slower than in the past, it doesn't go backwards anymore, and it's just not fun. The only things I like about it is the new paint job on the cars, the little shed/house it goes through, and the sound the ride makes while in motion.

Triple Play was so much fun. There was near misses with a building, trees, and vortex was right next to it, so it looked really cool. It was also relaxing.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

I can't believe they would get rid of Orbit now that I think of it... I always go on monday, tuesday or wednesday, and the line for the Orbit is always considerably longer than all the other Marriott flats. I remember Triple Play having a good line in 2004 too, I found a nice ride to watch and ride. The shortest line for a Marriott ride was the Star Tower and Centrifuge (they're usually are empty seats...).

Also, I've never been to the park when it was dark, but now it seems like almost no fun!!! Really like the most lit up rides in the park was Triple Play and The Orbit...
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

The park is hardly ever open at night, so rides with lights is kind of pointless. I wish the park stayed opened until later.