The Orbit to reopen?

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Santa Clara
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

The Orbit to reopen?

Post by dpxtreme »

???
Last edited by dpxtreme on Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LS202
Gulf Coaster

Post by LS202 »

I'm glad the Orbit is reopening. Keep us posted on anything new and improved for the new season and congratulations on working another season at this great park.
Laura Carousel Souviners 85-86
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

I'm glad it's opening again as well, I can't really see why they'd want to shut down a ride like "Enterprise" anyway as they are usually VERY popular....
Domm
Buzzy Bee

Post by Domm »

orbit needs to be open the day the park begins the 2007 year. this is one of the best original rides! While they're at it.... reopen stealth and tidal wave. Man has this park gone downhill.
Imeanbusiness
Buzzy Bee

Re: The Orbit to reopen?

Post by Imeanbusiness »

dpxtreme wrote:At the job fair for rehires on January 13th, the area managers were going around and giving a sheet that had all the training dates for the rides associates. I saw that the sheet was revised/printed in December, and one of the rides listed on it was The Orbit as part of the Vortex and Flying Eagles group. I'm being optimistic, but I think it'll reopen.

Can't wait until the season starts March 31st!! By the way, I work at Logger's Run/Endeavor!
I bet you my Demon crew could destroy the Santa Clara crew in an 1hour capacity game.
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Re: The Orbit to reopen?

Post by dpxtreme »

Imeanbusiness wrote:
dpxtreme wrote:At the job fair for rehires on January 13th, the area managers were going around and giving a sheet that had all the training dates for the rides associates. I saw that the sheet was revised/printed in December, and one of the rides listed on it was The Orbit as part of the Vortex and Flying Eagles group. I'm being optimistic, but I think it'll reopen.

Can't wait until the season starts March 31st!! By the way, I work at Logger's Run/Endeavor!
I bet you my Demon crew could destroy the Santa Clara crew in an 1hour capacity game.
What is this, a competition? I bet your park could win in capacity for Demon because you guys run three trains at a time. Santa Clara only runs two. But, our Logger's crew could woop on yours!
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Demon ran two trains all of 2006. Red train was in rehab all season.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
soupkid
Gulf Coaster

Post by soupkid »

Domm wrote:orbit needs to be open the day the park begins the 2007 year. this is one of the best original rides! While they're at it.... reopen stealth and tidal wave. Man has this park gone downhill.
I hated the Orbit. Always puked when I got off it. :?
retlawfan
Yankee Clipper

Post by retlawfan »

"I hated the Orbit. Always puked when I got off it. :?"

Funny. I hate spinning rides, but I loved Orbit.

I don't mean loved in the "It's gone so we can talk in the past" meaning, I just haven't been on it in years.

I hope to ride it again...
Great America Security
Santa Clara
1989-1992
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

YES! I thought they were going to remove it. But it's still there! I can't wait to ride it again. It's been over a whole year since I last rode Orbit.
I miss Tidal Wave
Stealthguy05
Gulf Coaster

Post by Stealthguy05 »

yeah its now open again as "THE Orbit" (^btw your screen name is no longer valid lol)
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

Stealthguy05 wrote: ^btw your screen name is no longer valid lol
Yeah, I noticed. But I guess I'll keep it cause PGA brings back lots of great memories for me. Just like everyone who has Marriott related screen names.
I miss Tidal Wave