New official logo?

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Santa Clara
ElkGroveGroovin
Gulf Coaster

New official logo?

Post by ElkGroveGroovin »

I was just browsing the official website and I noticed in the front page on the "What's Happening" tab & also on the season pass page is what I assume to be the new logo for the park: "Great America" with the official Cedar Fair symbol next to it. It also appears on all the other former Paramount Parks websites front pages. Gonna be weird not seeing the Paramount brand anymore..

http://www.pgathrills.com

From the season pass page:

dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

I personally think the new logo looks better than the Paramount's. This one is simple. We probably won't see a big change when it comes to re-naming rides because the Paramount lease to use Paramount stuff doesn't expire for a nother 4 or 5 years. But we probably will see stuff that says "Paramount" in the names change soon.
LS202
Gulf Coaster

Post by LS202 »

I also like it much better. I wasn't a fan of the huge Paramount sign over Great America. I can't wait to see what they do with the park this upcoming season.
Laura Carousel Souviners 85-86
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

I like the new logo. Its a nice beginning for the Cedar Fair ownership of SCGA.
forddude1416
Gulf Coaster

Post by forddude1416 »

It doesn't scream America to me, but it is a very nice, clean logo.
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

Post by GreatAmerica4ever »

Yes, Paramount's logo wasn't too eye pleasing. Of course, when I see the words 'Great America' I will always remember the Marriott logo!!! It's funny that when I see Marriott hotel signs, I usually think of their Great America logo!
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

I'm liking the changes, new logo, cedarfair website, even losing the "Paramount's" on screamscape is quite enjoyable. Hopefully the park is going in the right direction...
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
soupkid
Gulf Coaster

Post by soupkid »

forddude1416 wrote:It doesn't scream America to me, but it is a very nice, clean logo.
The park itself doesn't scream america to me either. Gone are the themes that made the park so great. The theme areas are there, but the themes are gone. What they did to the Yukon Territory is disgusting.
retlawfan
Yankee Clipper

Post by retlawfan »

I actually don't like the new logo. It's too plain for me. Too bad they couldn't have gone back to the Red and Blue Block letters from the Marriott days, without the Marriott name of course. I do agree, however, that I like the clean plain look much better than the Paramount's Logo. I wish CFGA could gain it's old, own, identity back again. But, I guess in this new world of theme park chains, those days are sure to never return. :(
Great America Security
Santa Clara
1989-1992