2007 Season

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Santa Clara
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

2007 Season

Post by dpxtreme »

This is just a topic to talk about opening day or any other things or events throughout the 2007 season.

Opening Day is today March 31st from 10:00am-7:00pm!
ElkGroveGroovin
Gulf Coaster

Post by ElkGroveGroovin »

Day went well. There were little to no lines at all. Orbit was back and rolling nicely. Nice subtle changes around such as new paint on handrails on Grizzly, Top Gun (Queue Line Cleaned up with netting surrounding the themed objects), Invertigo. New Fun & Safety guideline signs with the new logo. Also the Launch Pad has been replaced with a really cool NBA interactive hoops game complete with buzzer and scoreboard.

Front sign now "Paramount-less"

that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Can't wait to check it olut for myself! I must say the whole just Great America thing makes me feel a little more at home, less of a big corporation feel...

did they do anything with Vortex?... it was just as bad as Invertigo last year.
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
ElkGroveGroovin
Gulf Coaster

Ah forgot to add Vortex has repainted the handrails and the front of the trains say "Vortex" now instead of PGA.
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

And one of the train's purple shoulder harnesses were repainted yellow like the other train was last season.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Is anything going on at the theaters? Anything happening in the Pictorium?
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
ElkGroveGroovin
Gulf Coaster

According to the Show Guide: Paramount Theatre will have a Twistin to the 60's show opening May 19th, and the Showtime Theater (By Top Gun) will feature a Magic Show featuring international comedic magician Ed Alonzo (best known as Max on "Saved By The Bell") opens June 16th. Pictorium unfortunately is still vacant and unused.
Loco
Gulf Coaster

Post by Loco »

I had a good time on opening day and it was awesome that everything was running

Vortex was rougher than I remembered, but on the other hand Demon was running super smooth.