Excedrin Commercial Featuring Top Gun

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Santa Clara
ElkGroveGroovin
Gulf Coaster

Excedrin Commercial Featuring Top Gun

Post by ElkGroveGroovin »

Just saw the new commercial for the pain relief medicine Extra Strength Excedrin featuring Top Gun. My friend's bf is a mechanic and was there during filming. Anyone else see it yet?
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

Yes, I did see it. When it aired, I thought: Wait, was that Top Gun? Now I know it was.
I miss Tidal Wave
Bush985
Gulf Coaster

Post by Bush985 »

Ive yet to see it.. I guess I need to watch a little more TV. If anyone gets a chance to record it, or accidently does, please share.

Thanks
Morgansupertech
Gulf Coaster

crazy fog guy

Post by Morgansupertech »

It's funny that this came up, i was in the back of Showtime Theater getting lights for the Twistin' To The 60's show and i saw some dude with a leaf blower back pack on and he was blowing fog all over Top Gun, I asked him what it was and he said it was for TV. Totaly weird. I just watched it a few weeks ago...to much fog, not enough Top Gun. You can never have too much TOP GUN!!!
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Re: crazy fog guy

Post by PGA ROCKS »

Morgansupertech wrote:You can never have too much TOP GUN!!!

Exactly what I was thinking. Top Gun never gets old! :D
I miss Tidal Wave
Morgansupertech
Gulf Coaster

Post by Morgansupertech »

Yep! It’s my favorite ride at the park. It was really cool when at the start of the season I got a call from Rick, the rides manager wanting me to revamp the line for the 2007 season. I spent about a month cleaning, repainting, rebuilding and fixing all of the themed modules in the Top Gun line. I also coaxed them into letting me force open the dented-ass roll doors that were hiding the missiles and I fixed those up to. They liked what I did so much that they bought cargo nets to protect the new paint from gum wads, flying cups, loose change and so on.
Whatever that thing was in the third module was totally screwed and looked like crap so I had the idea of putting red white and blue oil drums in it, it looks good. I got all the blinking lights and fluorescents to work again and my fellow entertainment associates helped paint the handrails. I’m real happy with how it turned out.
On one of my days off I was showing my family all the work I had done and some punk kid decided to climb into one of them before the cargo nets got put up and I friggin Rambo jumped over the rail and the gap into the module and chewed him out, telling him I would kick him out of the park if he did something stupid like that again. Of course I definitely don’t have the power to kick people out but it scared the crap out of him and he apologized which was nice. I think back on it and laugh
:lol:
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

^I don't know if you were part of this, but whose idea was it to paint all the handrails at Invertigo silver? It looke 10x better when they were yellow and blue.