Games 1976 thru 1978

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Santa Clara
CountyFairGirl
Buzzy Bee

Games 1976 thru 1978

Post by CountyFairGirl »

I was just wondering if any of the old Games gang is around? I remember some awesome times. I worked mainly in County Fair, but like most, I took more than 1 shift. Does anyone remember when they where testing the Tidal Wave? Rides came into the caf. looking for Games and asked if we wanted to ride it first....Then we ended up being the test subjects - LOL. I remember be in the very back and instead of stopping at the station, they decide to see our reaction if they let it go up the back - scared my friend next to me.

I remember the park night in '76 when we had Hometown opened for us and Rides challenge several of us crazy Games people to ride the TOC non-stop, we were on there for 3 straight runs before the sups caught on.

I'd love to hear any of you.
Gameboy
Buzzy Bee

Post by Gameboy »

There must not be many of the Santa Clara Games Gang still around. I worked from '76 to about the middle of the '80 season, when I graduated from college, starting in Skeedaddle in '76 then moving to other games (I still have bruises from Grandma's China) and finally to the Games Project Crew. I remember the excitment of opening days especially the first one in '76. Working for the month before the park opened, the anticipation building, then the front gates opened and the rush was on! I have a lot of good memories from those days. One thing working in Games taught me is that you can have fun at work.