New Attraction For Halloween is Official

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Santa Clara
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

New Attraction For Halloween is Official

Post by PGA ROCKS »

I just visited Santa Clara today, and I saw a sign sitting in front of Rue Le Dodge, that said:

"Attraction closed. Coming soon: Carnevil!"

I guess the rumors are true. I hope that this will turn out well. Maybe Cedar Fair will have to take out the bar in the middle of the Bumper Car arena. :D I should have taken a picture of it, but I forgot.
I miss Tidal Wave
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

^How do you look like and what were you wearing today? I might have seen you. I work at Loggers Run/Endeavor.
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

And if I'm not mistaken, today I thought I saw new orange souvenir cups for halloween promoting the Carn-Evil maze.
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

I was wearing a white shirt and shorts. Maybe you did see me. I was on Loggers at around 4:00 with my dad. What position do you work? Station? Chute?
I miss Tidal Wave
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

I work all the positions at Loggers and Endeavor. And I remember, I was on my lunch until 4:15. Maybe next time.
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

dpxtreme, do you happen to know where in the park they are selling the carn-evil orange cups?
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

^They probably sell them anywhere they sell the regular souvenir cups. The places in the food court, probably Sticky Fingers next to Centrifuge and probably everywhere they sell food around the park (Pizza Orleans, Sweet Tooth, etc). I doubt they're going to sell them at Nicktoons Cafe with the rest of the souvenir cups just because it's too "scary" for the small kids.
Morgansupertech
Gulf Coaster

Clown Maze

Post by Morgansupertech »

YEP!!!!!!! The maze is going along great! I’ve been put in charge of building it along with some of the other entertainment techs. We have been working on it for the past 3 months…LOTS of hours.

I’ve also been put in charge of painting the maze since they liked what I did last year with the Halloween bumper cars.
We are putting a ton of work into this project. I’ve actually been coming in 6 days a week to work on this thing so I hope yall like it.

For your enjoyment: here are some pictures of stuff I painted last year when we turned it into Collision Caverns. As you can tell…we had a limited budget, I volunteered to do this stuff.
ImageImage

and this is me wearing the pumpkin head I painted to cover up the F100 fog machine.
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Awesome! Thanks for sharing those.

Steven
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Thanks for sharing these, Can't wait to see what happens this October!
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

I just have a question. How scary is the maze going to be? Is it going to be "family friendly" scary, or "scare the crap out of everyone" scary? Just curious.
I miss Tidal Wave
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

It's NOT going to be "family Friendly".
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

^Really? I love haunted houses that scare the crap out of me! I, for one, am excited.
I miss Tidal Wave
PGAsecurity99
Gulf Coaster

Post by PGAsecurity99 »

If it's anything like the Halloween Maze we had in the Events Tent in 1999, sounds like it is going to be tons of O.T. for Security.
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

Halloween Haunt in 2008!! They finally let out the details of the CarnEvil Maze on their website, and it says it's a preview of Halloween Haunt in 2008.

http://www2.cedarfair.com/greatamerica/ ... 0&ec_id=13