2008 Park Map

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Santa Clara
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

It's a great idea, and building it around Star Tower would give some great views.
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

I'm also for the coaster. Just as long as we get SOMETHING. It seems like CF doesn't care about putting coasters in.
I miss Tidal Wave
djames42
Gulf Coaster

Post by djames42 »

Tech Services 1 wrote:It's the same as the never-ending stream of people who buy a house next to a busy airport, then complain about the noise of the jets flying overhead. :shock:
I used to go dancing at a club in college - which was shut down by a retirement home that went in next to the long-standing club after they complained about the noise. Duh... :)
missedthemarriotera
Yankee Clipper

Post by missedthemarriotera »

you know how much money i would pato live next to any of the great america's? i wouldn't care if they had it open all night! :) i think it would be awesome... i would walk over to the park everyday... is there some kind of rule that ppl under 18 need to be with an adult or something? that would suck :x
ahahaha
MGA1
Willard's Whizzer

Post by MGA1 »

So how much money would you pay to live next to Great America? In Gurnee, there are quite a few houses located south of Grand Avenue within easy walking distance to the main entrance of the park. In Santa Clara, there is one subdivision of houses located behind the park, near the employee parking lot....easy walk if you're an employee but a little bit far to walk to the main entrance. You can look the satellite views of the parks using mapquest or yahoo maps and also zoom in to see the surrounding neighborhoods.

BTW, if you don't live near the parks but still want to work there one summer, SFGA does provide some seasonal employee housing...check with the park for details.
"...and enjoy the rest of your day here at Marriott's GRRRREAT America"
missedthemarriotera
Yankee Clipper

OMFG!!! ARE YOU SIERIOUS? thats awesome... i would pay like maybe quarter of a million dollars to live around it for say, maybe 5 years! i can't wait til im old ennough to work there... it sounds like fun!
ahahaha
MGA1
Willard's Whizzer

Post by MGA1 »

You'll be able to buy a house in Gurnee near the park for under $250K. The houses near the park in Santa Clara cost a LOT more. They're not necessarily nicer houses (actually the homes around the park in Gurnee are nicer and have really big lots) but real estate prices in California are much more expensive than in Illinois. An identical house in Gurnee ($200,000) would cost 6 times more in Santa Clara ($1,200.000). But Santa Clara doesn't pay their employees 6 times more than Gurnee...so it's not such a good deal. However, it never snows and rarely rains in Santa Clara and the park is open from mid-March through early November.
"...and enjoy the rest of your day here at Marriott's GRRRREAT America"
missedthemarriotera
Yankee Clipper

thats good, because i'd much rather work at gurnee! when does gurnee open next year? thanks!
ahahaha