major outage

Your questions and suggestions related to the GREATAMERICAparks.com site are welcome here. Information about site updates or changes will also be posted here.
steven
Site Admin

major outage

Post by steven »

Hi,

Unfortunately the site suffered a major outage beginning on Friday. It's only just now come back up...almost an "eternity" in web time. Details from the hosting provider are sketchy still yet, but there reportedly was a power outage at the datacenter and backups did not keep things going. Most of the servers there were brought back up within hours, but NOT the server that hosts greatamericaparks.com. That one was left down and the hosting company could not get any further response from the datacenter (i.e. the computer center which houses the servers) for the rest of the night.

I've never seen an outage anywhere near this magnitude. It's been frustrating for me as well as for those who visit the site. Some thought that the site might be gone for good. The hosting company has a lot of explaining to do still yet. They've already indicated that sites hosted at that particular datacenter will be moved out of there soon.

Steven