2007 season

Your questions and suggestions related to the GREATAMERICAparks.com site are welcome here. Information about site updates or changes will also be posted here.
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

2007 season

Post by GreatAmerica4ever »

The new summer season is here again!!! I wanted to start this forum to get updates from those who already went to both parks.

Please add your comments to what is new at Gurnee and Santa Clara.

And if anyone has gone to Gurnee yet, how much is parking this year?

Thanks!
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

That's probably not a bad idea to have a new "forum" added for "What's New" so that we can track this....

(I don't think this is the place to start it though as a single thread in site updates.)
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

Post by GreatAmerica4ever »

I was finally able to get back to SFGA for a family reunion on Sunday the 12th.

In attendance was my uncle and my 17-year-old cousin who are from the Los Angeles area. I was hoping they would be impressed since they were used to other theme parks in the California area.

I was very surprised to find that many of the rides did not have many lines whatsoever. The longest was Superman and that was maybe only 45 minutes. I couldn't believe that the wait for The American Eagle, Demon, and Whizzer was not even ten minutes!

Even though it was a little humid and hot, the Yankee Clipper and Logger's Run lines were small. I know that they had announced that Hurricane Harbor filled capacity by midafternoon.

The food situation at Six Flags still disappoints me. It is one thing to still see outrageous prices for just a hot dog and fries, but to see all the chains like Papa John's and Panda Express makes me yearn for the Marriott days when the food was more original. I guess that is how the park makes money.

I was thrilled to still hear the Carousel music at the entrance and the Blues music in Orleans Place. However, we got the modern music later in the day, it definitely takes away from the themed areas!

My one year old cousin enjoyed Wiggles World which was a good surprise for the tottlers. But I still don't know why something Disney is put into a Warner Brothers characters park. I definitely miss the old que line of the American Eagle!

Overall, I am still happy about the good day the family had. The park is still maintained and the grounds are clean. I think my family had to be impressed because we all had a good time.

I would have to say that I still love my Gurnee Great America! Hopefully, I will be able to get to Fright Fest later this year.
Cheesehead Dave
Yankee Clipper

Post by Cheesehead Dave »

Technically, I don't think the Wiggles are "Disney" but are their own entity. Disney probably bought the rights to put their Australian TV show onto the Disney Channel, but the credits at the end say "(C) Wiggles Touring Pty" not "(C) Disney".

I do agree though, most people probably associate them with Disney, so it does seem a little odd to see them there. My kids liked the area just the same.
missedthemarriotera
Yankee Clipper

Post by missedthemarriotera »

well, i guess this is not 2007, but 2008.. but i fugured it;d be okay. i havnt been to six flags gurnee since i think 2004, witch at that time i was to short to irde the 54" rides :( i was looking forward to riding deja vu for the first time... but i was disapointed to see it all empty in it's old spot. but the rest of the day was great. there were only about 100 cars in the parking lot... we got to ride pretty much every ride within 5 minute waits. one thing i did notice alot different... what ever happened to the american eagle line??? i remember it alot bigger. and also... did the blue car used to run backward, i remember being mad cause all my friends were to scared to go backward with me. if it did, why did it stop?
ahahaha