Park Music for downloading!

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Park Music for downloading!

Post by RLAiello »

There have been a lot of threads and discussions devoted to the wonderful background music at Great America parks. As some of you know, I offered a full MP3 of the Carousel Song a while back on my server. Well I've gone a step further and uploaded the entire CD of music that that Carousel Song came from to my server.

There are snippets and full songs from each section of the park available. Some songs fade into different songs from different sections halfway through.

During the songs you may hear occasional sounds such as Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck saying something, as well as some ambient "park sounds" such as a roller coaster going up a hill. This is because the CD was created for a job fair some years ago and was used as background music during the fair. In addition, you may hear some announcements sprinkled throughout-- "Lost Parents" and "Group Leaders are meeting at such-and-such place."

I tried my best to identify what songs came from what section, but it's been a while since I've been to the park and been able to listen to each song... so I might be wrong! :oops: Forgive me. :wink: (If you happen to know what's wrong and what's right... drop me a line at rick@rcktman.com.)

Also, there is a newly remastered version of the Carousel Song in this folder. I recently acquired Adobe Audition and played with the levels on the file and it sounds amazing. I hope you enjoy it!

To browse the folder, click here:

http://www.rcktman.com/greatamerica

Happy downloading!
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

Hey, 'Tootsie', where did you get all that park music?!? :D And how is it recorded in studio format? :D Mine was recorded live with a camcorder.

Forgive the massive question marks and exclamations, but I've been a fan of the music for years, ever since I've worked in Park Services for the first time. I got really excited about it. I have nostalgia value.

Good for you.
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Lol, things sure have changed, Great Samples :D Thnks for Posting them
BrianPlencner
Tidal Wave

Post by BrianPlencner »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

Actually, Hometown1.mp3 is from the Soutwest Territory. So is Hometown2.mp3. (2 is actually back in the saddle again).

Words cannot describe how I feel right now. This is so AWSOME!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
===========================================
Mr. Brian Plencner
SFGAm Employee: 1988-1992
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

BrianPlencner wrote:THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

Actually, Hometown1.mp3 is from the Soutwest Territory. So is Hometown2.mp3. (2 is actually back in the saddle again).

Words cannot describe how I feel right now. This is so AWSOME!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was wondering about that... I couldn't determine if this CD was made before Southwest opened or not. Now it all makes sense! Thanks for clarifying that for me! :) I'm glad you like it! :)
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

Mr. D.T. wrote:Hey, 'Tootsie', where did you get all that park music?!? :D And how is it recorded in studio format? :D Mine was recorded live with a camcorder.

Forgive the massive question marks and exclamations, but I've been a fan of the music for years, ever since I've worked in Park Services for the first time. I got really excited about it. I have nostalgia value.

Good for you.
Mr. D.T., my guess is that the Human Resources department (where my sister used to work) had Tech Services make the CD, so they used the original source material. So these are digital copies directly from the tapes (or CDs, which I think they were using by the time they did this.)
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
Papas
Yankee Clipper

Post by Papas »

Also, county_fair sweetheart is really in HTS.

But THANK YOU! :)
m_force_4_ever
Gulf Coaster

Post by m_force_4_ever »

wow thanks sooooo much, these are great to hear
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

Papas wrote:Also, county_fair sweetheart is really in HTS.

But THANK YOU! :)
Thanks Papas :)
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
NotBill
Yankee Clipper

Post by NotBill »

Rich, you have me almost in tears with the Carousel Song. I'm having many visions of running to close queues right now! Thanks so much.

--Guy
Guy Finley
aka "Bill" Finley
SFGAm Employee 1988 - 1992
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

I've changed the tunes on my server to reflect the changes that were mentioned above... thanks again to all you "Eagle"-eared music fans. :)

A note about the Southwest music-- it seems they really tried to match the quality and style of the rest of the park music when they chose that music. They did well by that section, no doubt.

Also- the "Patriotic" tunes are part of the NEW Front Gate soundtrack that went up around the same time Southwest opened I think.

If anyone else has changes let me know. Thanks!
Rick
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

It's great that I got to hear a track from the old Main Gate soundtrack. I thought it was gonna be cheesy like I heard in another forum. I was wrong.

Thank you very dearly much for this!

Now I have to upload my collection.
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

Mr. D.T. wrote:It's great that I got to hear a track from the old Main Gate soundtrack. I thought it was gonna be cheesy like I heard in another forum. I was wrong.

Thank you very dearly much for this!

Now I have to upload my collection.
The selections I have only scratched the surface. There was some MAJOR cheese on the old Front Gate soundtrack... believe me, I had it memorized for a couple years. ;-) But as cheesy as it was, I do miss it a bit.

Can't wait to see what you have to share!!
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

About how many minutes was the soundtrack?

Sure it can get cheesy, but not like most of today's pop and R&B 'music', or anything you hear on KISS-FM. That's a radio station I was forced to listen to at my work unit. Teenagers!

'Dont'cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me', 'I ain't yo' hollaback girl'! COUGH COUGH

CALL THAT CHEESY! I'd take the old main gate soundtrack anytime. :D
m_force_4_ever
Gulf Coaster

Post by m_force_4_ever »

is Klondike 1 from county fair? anyone who knows please post the answer