Fright Fest 10/20

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
macman
Gulf Coaster

Fright Fest 10/20

Post by macman »

Went to Fright Fest yesterday evening and had two pet peeves. First, wait times were unacceptably long because of the reduced capacity. Two trains running on all coasters (the American Eagle was just one track operation) meant things were just crawling in the queues. Strangely, the only coaster with no wait was the Demon. We stepped off and right back on a handful of times without re-entering the queue. To me, the bigger annoyance was the completely lax enforcement of the smoking ban. Unlike earlier visits in the summer where smoking was relegated to the few designated smoking areas, last night I saw people walking all over the park smoking. During one wait for the Viper there was a group of three girls that didn't even appear to be 16 that were all puffing away. Security and customer relations employees appeared to be practically non-existent. While I planned to go back next weekend, I'm probably going to rethink my plans at this point.
Papas
Yankee Clipper

Post by Papas »

Welcome to FF, where the park is packed, the guests misbehave, and the park is staffed about 1/4 of what it should be. It happens every FF.
The kind of crowd FF brings also is pretty bad (with complete disregard to the smoking policy), which is why im in full support of the concept of "Family Fright Fest" that didnt happen.
Two trains running on all coasters (the American Eagle was just one track operation) meant things were just crawling in the queues.
Better than most other SF parks where you go and theres 1 train on everything ;)
Last edited by Papas on Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

You should go back this weekend but just go on either friday or sunday. The crowds are the smallest on friday but the park is open from 5PM-11PM. The crowds arent too bad on sunday and the park is open from 10AM-9PM. This sunday the park is open one hour later than the other sundays during Fright Fest.
customfabricators
Gulf Coaster

Post by customfabricators »

Yeah don't let the awful FF clientele disturb your day. The guests that FF brings in are for the most part rowdy teenagers, something that Six Flags is trying to get away from.

Thats why the regular season is far different that FF

That and the staffing sucks.
WhizzerSFGAm
Yankee Clipper

Post by WhizzerSFGAm »

SFGAmfreak4life wrote:You should go back this weekend but just go on either friday or sunday.
He did go on a Friday.
It's Whizzer time!
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Wow, is Fright Fest like this in most Six Flags parts or is this just a SFGAm thing.... Anyways, got down to Pga, it must have been the best time I ever had at the park!

A cloudy sunday lacking guest throughout the day, I think the longest wait was for Rue Le Dodge, and shortest being Vortex running one train and still 12 people in the station. Lost our minds and sat on the Rip Roaring Rapids 7 straight rides without getting off (sick the next morning, lol)... but anyways...

My friend was talking about going to FF at Six Flags Marine World, Do ya think its going to be any better? worse? Anyone around here been there this year?
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

WhizzerSFGAm wrote: He did go on a Friday.
Sorry my mistake. Then try for sunday.
JW65
Tidal Wave

Post by JW65 »

So, I wonder how this years Fright Fests have been going. Can anybody out there report back? Any pictures to post?
Demonlover13
Tidal Wave

Post by Demonlover13 »

I'll email you some pics if you'd like.
I need a great day this year, or 2, or 30!
GreatAmericaFan17
Buzzy Bee

Post by GreatAmericaFan17 »

Fright Fest This Year Was Pretty Well In My Opinion.. I thought that Pumpkin Guy By the Carousel Was Very Cool! I hope It Comes Back for next Year at Fright Fest :D
Demonlover13
Tidal Wave

Post by Demonlover13 »

It will most likely. Tinsletown definately needs work though
GreatAmericaFan17
Buzzy Bee

Post by GreatAmericaFan17 »

I Agree,There Could have been better Theming For It.. Hopefully That Will Happen Next Year.
I'll Think of a Signature somepoint...
Demonlover13
Tidal Wave

Post by Demonlover13 »

yup. I'd suggest maybe some monsters from different movies in different "Studios"
the Crypt Cruiser
Gulf Coaster

Fright Fest

Post by the Crypt Cruiser »

Magic Mountain did'nt even try this year. I don't know what happend. Last year was pretty decent. I went on Halloween night, maybe they took down alot of stuff after sunday night? :? Knott's was pretty disapointing too, and they're the kings of the haunt. I'll post pictures soon.

Oh, and to all you people crying about the smoking policy being broken :cry:. You walk around all night, with what is vaporized anti-freeze, totally engulfing your body, from the smoke machines, and you're offended by some kid with Marlboro? :shock: , get a life......really.
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Over the past few years Fright Fest has been going downhill and this year was no exception. The park didn't have too many decorations, Area 51 should have been in Hometown, Tinseltown was very plain, and the freak show should have been in Necropolis. There weren't as many scaractors and the ones in Area 51 and Tinseltown didn't seem to scare anyone. JPM's goal for this year was to have twice as many scaractors and for the park to be heavily decorated. It's a shame that it didn't turn out as planned. I'm happy that the hypnotist Susan Rosen returned and her show is always good. I liked the new show Dead Man's Party and I hope it becomes permanent.
Go Bears!