Old Forms and things (Lots of pics again!)

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Gurnee
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Old Forms and things (Lots of pics again!)

Post by RLAiello »

During my time at SFGAm, I found a bunch of interesting oddities, and some just fell into my lap.

Such as....

Click here for a larger view:
http://www.rcktman.com/rbf_marriottlg.jpg
This top section of a Register Balance Form that I found taped to a Pendaflex folder when I worked in Cash Control. It has the Marriott logo on it, but I was more surprised by the checkboxes for Chicago, San Francisco and... Washington?

Also from Cash Control, one day a cashier brought in a change request using a Marriott request form from 1983. I saved it, but noticed that it, too, had a checkbox for "Washington" on it.

As I did cash pickups in many of the various merchandise shops, I noticed a bunch of old Marriott price tags stuck to the shelves. They weren't there for any purpose really, so I stuck them to a card in my wallet. Here's a few of them:

Now here comes the part that makes me cry just a little. When I started at Great America I worked at the Front Gate. In my first season, they had an audit office in an old merchandise shop that used to have a window in the front plaza. In my second season I was promoted to Lead in Group Sales, and the audit office was used as a lead office. There was a huge corkboard in this office, and all across the corkboard were tickets from as far back as the first few Marriott seasons up until 1988.

One day we were asked to clean out the old Audit stuff from the office. And we THREW ALL OF THOSE OLD TICKETS AWAY!

I could kill to have them now. But... I do at least have these:

They looked the same as the other old tickets at least. Because in 1991 they changed to this:

So that's my little scavenger trip through memory lane... hope you enjoyed it!
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

Nice collection Rick, I do have several tickets laying around as well but this is the only one that I have scanned so far.
:arrow: http://www.pbase.com/redfishpaw/image/47509714
As you know there are a ton of left over tickets every year, which end up getting destroyed. Either by being recycled or shreaded in house. Ussually a C.C. job done in the off season.
Last edited by redfishpaw on Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrianPlencner
Tidal Wave

Post by BrianPlencner »

RLAiello,

Thanks for sharing!

I have a few of those comp tickets from my days of working at the park. I put them in a scrapbook.
===========================================
Mr. Brian Plencner
SFGAm Employee: 1988-1992