steven
Site Admin

more MGA buttons

Post by steven »

Steven
segerken
Gulf Coaster

Post by segerken »

I remember the "I Survived the Title Wave" buttons. I also remember the "I Survived the Title Wave" bumper stickers that they gave people coming off the ride the first few weeks the park was open. Kids would peel off the back and stick them up all over the park.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

sooooo many, thanks for posting them :D
twixmix0303
Yankee Clipper

Post by twixmix0303 »

segerken wrote:"I Survived the Title Wave"
You mean tidal. :wink:
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Reed Snyder gave me those Demon buttons seen in the top photo. They were not sold as souvenirs in the park. You can see Reed in some photos on the mgareunion.com site on this page:
http://www.mgareunion.com/pages/PhotosGurnee8.html
...including the ultra-cool photo taken on top of the Sky Trek Tower.

Steven
Last edited by steven on Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

That would be so cool being able to stand on top of STT. :D
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
BrianPlencner
Tidal Wave

Post by BrianPlencner »

Many great pictures indeed Steven. By the way, you can tell when that picture was taken on top of Sky Treck Tower. If you look Reed and Jeff, you can see the lift hill of the American Eagle. But, if you look to the right of Jerry, there is no helix. So, this is during the building of the American Eagle, which would put it in the summer of 1980.

Ok....maybe I know just waaaaaaayyyyyy to much about this park! :lol:
===========================================
Mr. Brian Plencner
SFGAm Employee: 1988-1992
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

Oh I'd be afraid to stand on top of Sky Trek Tower. That is, unless I had a parachute! And make sure the park is empty so I could have plenty of landing space.

These photos are great! This would certainly bring back memories for me if I were in one of those snapshots as an employee. But it's too bad I wasn't born until 1980.

In one of those photos, I noticed Gene Patrick, the creator of the Carousel Song, sitting in front of the piano. I can't grasp what the group is doing. Do they happen to record the soundtrack for the park in that photo? I was curious if any of you knew.

I also noticed another photo with a pair of speakers and some electronic device which detects the frequency. It has a blue line illuminating the monitor. I think it's an oscilloscope.
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.
Mat
Gulf Coaster

Post by Mat »

Mr. D.T. wrote:Oh I'd be afraid to stand on top of Sky Trek Tower. That is, unless I had a parachute! And make sure the park is empty so I could have plenty of landing space.

These photos are great! This would certainly bring back memories for me if I were in one of those snapshots as an employee. But it's too bad I wasn't born until 1980.

In one of those photos, I noticed Gene Patrick, the creator of the Carousel Song, sitting in front of the piano. I can't grasp what the group is doing. Do they happen to record the soundtrack for the park in that photo? I was curious if any of you knew.

I also noticed another photo with a pair of speakers and some electronic device which detects the frequency. It has a blue line illuminating the monitor. I think it's an oscilloscope.

I noticed that there are Joe Carvello (the legendary bird show trainer and host) pictures from Gurnee. I remember him and his show at SC, did he also perform at Gurnee?

Mat
Amazing Alfredo-Games-Santa Clara-1983