NBC 5 Chicago...tonight

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
aejanis
Gulf Coaster

NBC 5 Chicago...tonight

Post by aejanis »

Just caught a promo for the 10:00 news tonight (4/28/06). Tag line was..."Where were you in 1976?....go back in time at Great America...tonight @ 10".
NikkiJ8605
Gulf Coaster

Post by NikkiJ8605 »

Oh how fun!!!! I just set up TiVo to record it :) Thank you so much for letting us know.
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

Oh no!!!! Did anyone record this???? I would love to see it!!!
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Especially us Santa Clara people!, lol
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
NikkiJ8605
Gulf Coaster

Post by NikkiJ8605 »

I recorded it. It was shorter than I thought it would be, but still pretty cool. If i can figure it out, I'd be happy to post it here somehow.
aejanis
Gulf Coaster

Post by aejanis »

I will post a link to a copy of it sometime tomorrow....I captured the RAW DTV Broadcast on my HDTV Capture card...I need clip it out and shrink it down to a size that is easy to download. The RAW TS stream is about 300 megs for the segment. :shock:
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

I look forward to it guys :D
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
aejanis
Gulf Coaster

NBC5 Segment Download...

Post by aejanis »

9MB Download...please "RIGHT CLICK, SAVE AS...."

http://www.edwardsproductions.com/nbc5small.wmv

I also have a MPEG2 @ DVD Quality of the 3 minute segment that I can send to people upon request. It is 150MB MPEG2 that was sourced from the RAW DTV (HDTV) Broadcast Stream.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Thanks for posting it!
I like the video, but I wish they put more focus on the old multimedia...
You know, not the 1/2 second videos of the 70s multimedia, and 10 seconds of Deja vu...
Either way, I'm glad they made it
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Thanks for sharing that! I wish that they had focused more on the historic stuff. Seems like they didn't want to show more than a second or two of the classic stuff at a time.

Steven
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

steven wrote:Thanks for sharing that! I wish that they had focused more on the historic stuff. Seems like they didn't want to show more than a second or two of the classic stuff at a time.

Steven
It also seems they didn't want to even say the original name, maybe a reason they also cut most of the audio short..., Also everything's in black and white, which just annoys me, but Oh Well I guess...
aejanis
Gulf Coaster

Post by aejanis »

I was hoping for more history stuff too...also thought it was funny that they have 20-somthing girls telling the 30 year old history of the park.

I would like to see what hit the "cutting room floor" from this piece. I am sure there is all kinds of stuff that didn't make it to air that they gathered to produce this 3mins.
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

I liked the piece for what it was. I wish the segment was longer and focused on the history. I would have also liked to see some more older footage. It was cool seeing some behind the scenes footage. Im surprised the park still has old things like the Fort Fun sign. Its pretty cool that the same guy is still doing signs and horses. Thanks for sharing the video aejanis!
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

Nice work on the capture. I missed this on TV, was good to see it :-)

It wasn't a bad retrospective, but I think you'd probably need about 1/2 hour feature to do this park justice over 30 years...
Frank D
Buzzy Bee

Post by Frank D »

That was pretty good. Thanks for posting that!
Frank