Park Music for downloading!

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

I was thinking more along the lines of the Yukon Territory, but I'm not sure
Last edited by that_guy on Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

Klondike 1 is from County Fair. It's the 4th song in the soundtrack. I have every soundtrack in my head.
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

Mr. D.T. wrote:Klondike 1 is from County Fair. It's the 4th song in the soundtrack. I have every soundtrack in my head.
Klondike... what was I thinking? (I must have been tired!) .. I meant Yukon of course. :)

Thanks for clarifying that... :)
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

I know the County Fair soundtrack from the back of my head. I was acquainted with it at work and I heard the whole 32 minutes of it so much it was getting old. :D Now I've got you.

I have another correction to make. About the following files, 'yankee1' and 'turkeyinthestraw_yankee', I don't remember hearing them in the Yankee Harbor soundtrack (another soundtrack I've memorized). That's because I haven't heard the familiar instruments or vibe in the background. I think those came from Bugs Bunny Land. I haven't heard them in the park at all the entire time I've worked there, Park Services or Foods.

About the Southwest Scaritory soundtrack, do you know how it was bootlegged? And how long was the old Main Gate soundtrack?
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

Nice audio collection Rick. Thanks for posting it.
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

Mr. D.T. wrote:About the Southwest Scaritory soundtrack, do you know how it was bootlegged? And how long was the old Main Gate soundtrack?
Not sure what you're asking here, but...

The Southwest songs are on the CD that was made for the job fair. It must have been made after or around 96 when Southwest opened. (I listened to things the other night and there is an announcement about the Western Stunt Show in Southwest Territory that I hadn't heard before, so that confirms things.)

The old Main Gate soundtrack length I can't possibly remember, but songs (that I can remember) included, among others:

Yesterday (The Beatles)
Baby Elephant Walk
You're A Grand Old Flag (Patriotic)
76 Trombones (Music Man)
Here Comes The Sun (The Beatles)
Isn't She Lovely (Stevie Wonder)
Born Free

That's all I can recall-- anyone have any other songs they remember?
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

Southwest Scaritory is the Southwest Territory section transformed for Fright Fest. They have a different soundtrack than Southwest Territory. Six Flags made it exclusively for the section. A sinister 'marshall' voice is depicted in front of a honky tonk piano, plus occasional sound effects. Then the same score is played without the marshall. The score itself lasts 10 minutes.

I don't know if anyone remembers the old Main Gate soundtrack besides Ricky. I would've loved to hear Baby Elephant Walk played from the same instruments that charmed up the Hometown Square and Yankee Harbor soundtracks.
Tech Services 1
Willard's Whizzer

Post by Tech Services 1 »

NotBill wrote:Rich, you have me almost in tears with the Carousel Song . ..
--Guy
You have me almost in tears, too, but probably not for the same reason!

At Tech Services, we not only had to play the tape of the Carousel song every day at park opening and closing, but we had to monitor the music for quality while it was running, make copies of the tapes, edit them, test them, test the sound system, etc. etc.
I went through several stages of emotion over the years-
First, I thought the song was a little cheesy, but tolerable . . .
Then I made fun of it, creating new lyrics ( I won't repeat them here)
Then, I got a little tired of hearing it . . .
Then I found it annoying . . .
REALLY annoying . . .
We would come up with ways to get around monitoring the song while the tape was rolling (we often turned down the volume and just watched the VU meters, figuring that as long as the needles were bouncing, that *#% song was playing just fine) . . . :wink:
And then, eventually, I took a zen approach and didn't let it bother me any more.
After all, it was just a song . . .
A song that I thought would never leave my brain . . . a song that would get stuck in my head, playing over and over and over . . . :shock:

It took twenty years, but I eventually managed to forget that song almost entirely! I tried to recall it, but could only remember the first two lines, and the melody was completely gone! :lol:

Then, after all these years, I find a digital copy on this website, and for some reason, be it nostalgia or some twisted, morbid curiosity, I download the song . . .
And give it a listen . . .

Oh, no . . . it's BACK IN MY HEAD! ! ! !

MAKE IT STOP! ! ! ! ! !

:wink: I'll be fine . . . really . . .

PPG
Technical Services technician
Gurnee park '81 - '86

Eegads, has it been that long?
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

Calm down, it's not so bad. It's a classic to begin with. The song has been around since the two Great Americas opened and I think they should play it on XM Kids or something. Maybe Radio Disney.

By the way, does anyone have a copy of the Looney Tunes medley which you hear on Sky Trek Tower if it's alright with me?
Shaggy
Gulf Coaster

Post by Shaggy »

Sorry to post on an old thread, but I wanted to add that my first season in rides was in Carousel Plaza is GA Santa Clara. This would have been 1990.. We had to run the Columbia for the entire song.. so if you happened to be lucky enough to be on the ride for it you got a double run.. we would restart the ride as soon as we heard the breaks start and that would more or less take us to the end of the song. The restart would come during the break in the middle of the song.. I too got very tired of that song.. That song was very loud in the Carousel.. I am glad to have a copy of it as it brings back many memories.. But I for sure will not listen to it as often as I did back then.. :lol:
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

Hey Rick, thanks for posting the music, it's interesting to hear what music was played back then. It sounded like real "theme park" music, especially the orleans place tunes.
Stealthguy05
Gulf Coaster

Post by Stealthguy05 »

Give JonesTM a knock! imo (as a jingle id collector) it sounds like them

hence the "Chicago Vocal Sound"

http://www.jonestm.comor ask Experts at http://www.jinglemad.com
Last edited by Stealthguy05 on Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minivanmegafun
Buzzy Bee

Post by minivanmegafun »

oh awesome thanks for this.

I was sort of let down when they changed the music, but I'm sure the kids who worked out in the park loved it.

The orleans music is stuck in my head again dammit :evil: Now I just need to play "The Rabbit of Seville" over it and it will be just like i'm 15 again.
Merchandise (Bugs & Co) 1999
Merchandise (Casual Pool) 2000
Cash Control (Pickup Teller) 2004
Cash Control (Night Supervisor) 2005-
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

I'm with you too. The spirit of the theme park disappeared when that abomination took place.
binks drake
Gulf Coaster

Post by binks drake »

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone had, or knew where I could get a copy of that looney tunes medley played throughout the park. Played on Sky Trek Tower (In Gurnee, sorry) in the railroad stations, before park opening, and before the nighttime parade. I've been looking for it for ages. If anyone could help that would be great!