Tidal Wave Loading Station still their

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
Mike & Morgan
Gulf Coaster

Tidal Wave Loading Station still their

Post by Mike & Morgan »

Still can believe its GONE!! I took this Picture from the Delta Flyer of the old loading station.

I used to ride this till the parked closed and kicked us out!
It was the Best a night time with all the lights on!

Stealthguy05
Gulf Coaster

Post by Stealthguy05 »

Im gonna go easy since youre a noob, but that has been known for one helluva (can i say that here?) loooooooong time
Mike & Morgan
Gulf Coaster

Post by Mike & Morgan »

LOL Go easy?? Not if you haven't been their in a long time its new to me to see!!! I was just sharing a pic of it that's all!!

Noob... Just to these forums :twisted: and if thats what these forums are about Bashing people well GOOD LUCK then keeping them alive! A place like this should not have anything like that even aloud!
CoasterComet
Gulf Coaster

Post by CoasterComet »

^Hasn't been gone as long as our Gurnee model though!

I sure miss it. But got to ride part of the both of them last summer at Kentucky Kingdom! That ride is the star/saving grace of that park. We rode like 40 times...

Funny to find that local people/enthusiasts really miss the Tidal Wave, and would especially have it over Batman.

Batman (I'm not a big B&M fan) was pretty significant, however. A good thing. Nuthing will replace Tidal Wave. Ahh.. those lights at night!
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

Mike & Morgan wrote:LOL Go easy?? Not if you haven't been their in a long time its new to me to see!!! I was just sharing a pic of it that's all!!

Noob... Just to these forums :twisted: and if thats what these forums are about Bashing people well GOOD LUCK then keeping them alive! A place like this should not have anything like that even aloud!
I think he partly meant that there were already two other topics with two different pictures of it, so another topic of the old station is unnecessary.

http://www.greatamericaparks.com/forums ... .php?t=622 Click on the first link.

and

http://www.greatamericaparks.com/forums ... .php?t=621
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Hey, Stealthguy,

Let's all be nice here, especially to new members. Whether you knew that remnants of the old station were still there or not, the photos were worth seeing.

Steven
Mike & Morgan
Gulf Coaster

Post by Mike & Morgan »

8) Just wanting to share my part of it!

I know how forums can be, I run my own online gaming group with forums! :D Nuf said :shock: :)

Great pics by the way!! 8)
kevin_h
Buzzy Bee

Santa Clara tidal wave area w/ theming

Post by kevin_h »

in case you need a fix on the original theming of the tidal wave at the santa clara park. I put up some of my old pics.

http://leh.net/~kevin/mga/rides_pics/ph ... to31.shtml

trivia, the shipwreck in the front.. what is the name of the ship?

http://leh.net/~kevin/mga/
gasc1990s
Gulf Coaster

Post by gasc1990s »

It makes me so sad to see that empty space. Why,why,why did stupid Paramount have to take Greased Lightnin/Tidal Wave out? :cry:
djames42
Gulf Coaster

Re: Santa Clara tidal wave area w/ theming

Post by djames42 »

kevin_h wrote:in case you need a fix on the original theming of the tidal wave at the santa clara park. I put up some of my old pics.
Very, very cool. I esp loved the perspective shot looking out of the Tidal Wave station. I remember reading that sign countless times during my many trips. I also enjoyed seeing the photo of Hometown Square.
mnixon07
Buzzy Bee

Re: Tidal Wave Loading Station still their

Post by mnixon07 »

All the original footings are still there too. You should be able to see them form sky ride. Ill see if i can post some photos later.