Yankee Clipper's glory days are BACK!!!!!! For the big 30!

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
ghostrider455
Buzzy Bee

Post by ghostrider455 »

Ahh it looks much more complete now and looks better than without the oval sign.
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

jonrev wrote:
ghostrider455 wrote:Well one of the reasons that the sign does not look right is because it is not finished. It was shown on the nbc preview that there will be a oval shaped nautical themed painting above the words yankee clipper in that empty spot.
You are right.
Thats looks very good indeed.. I actually like that one better than the original sign now :)
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

The sign does look better but I still like the old one more.
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

Would anyone happen to have pics of the old one so we can compare signs? :)
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

The original sign is in the photo album under the "Yankee Clipper" section of the rides.

If we're talking about the two "towers" that the original sign hangs from , I can see that it would be impossible to put those in because of V2. This sign looks better when you consider just the sign portion.

BTW I wonder if they could embark on some retheming, now that it appears that they are heading in that direction. However, what would we rename V2? (Although it very closely resembles it I'm really HOPING they don't decide to call it "Tidal Wave" :( )
BrianPlencner
Tidal Wave

Post by BrianPlencner »

I believe the sign in the photo gallery is from the Santa Clara Park

http://www.greatamericaparks.com/sg/rid ... per001.jpg

If you look at this picture, which is the Gurnee Park, you can see the back of the sign in the middle left side of the picture.

http://www.greatamericaparks.com/sg/rid ... per008.jpg

I do agree that while it is not the orginial sign, with the added ship in the center, it does look really good.

I am going to look to see if I have a picture of the sign from Gurnee. If I come across it, I'll post it.

--Brian
===========================================
Mr. Brian Plencner
SFGAm Employee: 1988-1992
Druzik
Gulf Coaster

Post by Druzik »

As a former Yankee Clipper lead at Santa Clara, it's great news to hear that name return in Gurnee. Sadly, Paramount removed the Yankee Clipper many years ago.
Jay Druzik, 1977-1980 Santa Clara Ride Operations