MGA - Bugs Bunny Watch

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
harvey
Buzzy Bee

MGA - Bugs Bunny Watch

Post by harvey »

I have an old watch from my days growing up at Great America. I have been trying to find the value for it when I came across this site. Looks like many people have just as many fond memories as I do.

Take a look

http://www.pleasantwoods.com/bugs.htm

The watch is in mint condition and still in original case with instructions, although the foam padding in the case is deteriorating badly. The watch has a 1975 Warner Bros. copyright on it and states that it is Swiss made. The back says Lafayette Watch Co. No 26001. It is wind-up and still works. Let me know if you have any information on how I might be able to find the value of the watch. I tried Ebay, but it is too unique I think.Any idea what this may be worth?[/img]
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

Very nice watch. I sold a Great America mug once on ebay and I was surprised at how poorly it did.
JW65
Tidal Wave

Post by JW65 »

It is surprising how inexpensive Marriotts collectables go for on Ebay. I purchased about 15 old MGA brochures on Ebay this past year and ended up spending over $80 for them all. It depends on the collectable. That is a very nice watch, and in great condition! Collectors, be on the lookout on Ebay. Occasionally you can really get some good deals on items!
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Hi,

The watch is definitely a nice collectible piece. I'm not really experienced at putting values on items like this. From my eBay experience, I'd say that this item could appeal to:

-- Marriott's GREAT AMERICA collectors
-- amusement / theme park collectors
-- Warner Bros. character collectors
-- watch collectors
-- Marriott Corporation collectors

As others have said, however, MGA items do not usually fetch high prices on eBay. About the only time that happens is when two or more collectors have their eyes on a rare MGA piece and they get into a bidding war.

Thanks for showing us the watch. I have seen one or two of them on eBay before, but did not bid on them. I don't recall their condition nor how much they might have fetched. Good luck!

Steven