1982-1985

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Santa Clara
Tanya
Willard's Whizzer

1982-1985

Post by Tanya »

Wow, I love this site! My first encounter with Marriott's Great America, in Santa Clara, was being a part of the very first commercials. My brother and I were invited to ride on the kiddie rides during filming before the park was even completed. I have photos that my mom took during the filming. I then worked at the park from 1982 through 1985. I started in Kids Kingdom. The next year, after being trained on Bottoms Up/Triple Play, I decided to transfer to the parking lot tolls. I did a small stint in Group Sales/Season Pass. I finished the last two seasons as a Main Gate Auditor. It was the best years of my life, no other job has ever measured up to it. I still have all my name tags, several buttons and other momentos (newsletters, mugs). The place has never been the same since Marriott's left. Thank you for bringing back such wonderful memories! :D
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Welcome, Tanya!

Did you ever get to see yourself in the commercials?

I agree that working at MGA was the most fun that I ever had.

Steven
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

Hi Tanya, I worked at santa clara later on but I (as would many other people) would very much enjoy seeing pictures/scans of your photos and memorabilia.
Tanya
Willard's Whizzer

Post by Tanya »

Thank you both for the warm welcome. I guess I have a little project to work on. I will try and get my stuff all scanned and put into a web page for you to see. It may take me a little awhile, but I will start on it as soon as I can.
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

Sounds great Tanya, I look forward to it keep us posted!
Demondude102110
Gulf Coaster

Post by Demondude102110 »

Thats so awesome that you got to be in a commercial. I wish i did!LOL :lol:
Demon rules!