Posting a Picture

Your questions and suggestions related to the GREATAMERICAparks.com site are welcome here. Information about site updates or changes will also be posted here.
JW65
Tidal Wave

Posting a Picture

Post by JW65 »

Steven,

I've been able to post links to sites/pictures in the Forum. How do we post an actual picture after/within body text?
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Hi, Jeff,

You can include direct links to photos that are hosted on other sites -- if they permit "hot linking" -- by enclosing the URL of the image with the "Img" tag while composing your message. While composing your message, click on the Img button, paste in the image URL, and then click on the Img button again to close the link.

Soon, you'll be able to have your own photo albums on this site. You'll be able to link to those photos from your posts, too. I'll let you know when that is ready for use.

Steven
twixmix0303
Yankee Clipper

Post by twixmix0303 »

For example, to post this image:
you would have to type:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.greatamericaparks.com/c-demon010.jpg[/img]
into the main body of the post, wherever you wanted the image to appear. You need the address of the actual image (which would usually end in .jpg or .jpeg), not the page it appears on (which would usually end in .html or .php).
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

I have had problems with this also. I think that my photo hosting site may be the problem, but I'm not sure.