Iron Wolf Debut Commercial

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
Galvan316
Buzzy Bee

Iron Wolf Debut Commercial

Post by Galvan316 »

Does anyone have the Commercial for the Debut of Iron Wolf?
I remember the ad somewhat, It was a train load of people riding the ride, wearing Black clothes and sunglasses, it was pretty interesting.

I have tried youtube, and its not there as well.
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

I don't think that I have it. From your description, though, it sounds like Six Flags may have just adapted and reused the original commercial for Shockwave at Six Flags Magic Mountain. They used the line, "If you think you can take it, stand up." Shockwave was a stand-up coaster that moved to Six Flags Great Adventure and then to Astroworld. I don't recall offhand what happened to it after Astroworld. It may have been one of the coasters that was scrapped in that shutdown.

Interestingly, the commercial for the introduction of Santa Clara's Vortex used all Iron Wolf footage.

Steven
Papas
Yankee Clipper

Post by Papas »

steven wrote:moved to Six Flags Great Adventure and then to Astroworld. I don't recall offhand what happened to it after Astroworld. It may have been one of the coasters that was scrapped in that shutdown.
It is currently sitting in pieces somewhere outside Darien Lake.
Cheesehead Dave
Yankee Clipper

Post by Cheesehead Dave »

steven wrote:I don't think that I have it. From your description, though, it sounds like Six Flags may have just adapted and reused the original commercial for Shockwave at Six Flags Magic Mountain.
I think you're right. All the ads I remember seeing for the opening season (both video and print) used Shockwave as the ride.